Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

New Cayman S Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cmr1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Cayman S Owner

Hi Chaps,

I am new to this forum, popping in to say hello!

Hopefully will be picking up my Cayman S on Wednesday,I wont be driving it then however...

I have a the full Techart GTS Kit to go onto the car (excluding wheels) That should hopefully be fitted in the next two weeks.

Sitting in my garage are a set of 19" 997 Turbo alloys and some H&R 35mm Springs which will also to get fitted in the same week.

My view it also to fit some spacers, preferably 20mm but I am a little worried about it rubbing so will check before purchasing them.

I would eventually start thinking about fitting an accusump and some other mods to stop the dreaded engine rebuilds due to the oil starvation!

The Cayman S is in Guards red. The wheels will be going a gloss black along with the side vents, spoil fin and supports.

Onto the Interia, It has the full leather seats, dash etc so not much I would like to do here.. A custom steering wheel is the only thing I can really think of - and something that will allow me to use my iPhone to play music through the PCM NAV - Hardwired not Via blue-tooth or FM signals.

I shall post pictures up when its done in the next 2-3 weeks!

Regards
-Chris.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
Ciao Chris to the Team !
pics please..

Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Now that`s a nice intro!

Welcome to TS!!

Looking forward to pics of your new Croco

Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cmr1991
I would eventually start thinking about fitting an accusump and some other mods to stop the dreaded engine rebuilds due to the oil starvation!
Welcome Chris! The oil starvation is only a concern if you are going to be tracking your car with really sticky tires on. With normal street and even semi-slick tires, your Croc won't reach the lateral G's required for oil starvation to become an issue.

Looking forward to the pics!

Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks fellas! its good to be here!

good news! I paid for the car in full today, It will be getting delivered to me (body shop) either tomorrow evening or friday morning! .

However, with it being guards red, any tips to keep the swirls away, or remove them from the paint?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sweet!!

congrats!

just get a basic detail on it!

btw,..you should have negotiated to get a detail job included in the selling price if the swirls are really easy to spot,..worked fine for me a few times

Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
What I done regarding the swirls and slight marks was - instead of negotiating that in the price, I had the price of a full detail at a local bodyshop knocked off the price.

for my own piece of mind as I know the guys work is spot on.

Here is a quick picture of it sitting in the waiting bay for it to get its Techart parts fitted :
(excuse the quality - Iphone camera)

Old 04-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Guards red rocks! Just got one in red a few months ago!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
These are the alloys going on it :

Porsche alloy wheels | Genuine new 19" Porsche Turbo II | fits Porsche Cayman 987C Gen 2 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

but the rears are 10J - will probably put spacers on there too.

I double checked they fit a cayman and got the all clear!

But look how high its looking! needs the H&R springs on there pronto haha.

EDIT : I have no idea on the prices of the carrera alloys that are currently on there, they are 8J front 9.5 Rear.

Any idea how much I should be them up for sale for?

Last edited by cmr1991; 04-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Quick Reply: New Cayman S Owner