Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

2011 Spyder I need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
wow, i just checked cost/list... $2567.43 cost $3032.39 list

This is a "new" price, they do offer a rebuilt option, but you would have to have a core

Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
First, Porsche NA does have a fight in this game. The franchised dealer is a representitive of Porsche Cars North America. However, end of the day- Porsche NA can only threaten the CPO'ing dealer. They can make their lives a little painful; but since this is such a grey area subject (the car being sold with an Li Battery or not) there isn't much PCNA can do. On the other hand, if NOTHING was noted on the Purchase and Sale Agreement that the car WASN'T as described or listed for sale- then your case is in small claims court. The dealer didn't list it. They didn't inform you, so its on them.

If however it IS listed somewhere on the documents that the car in question does NOT have the Li Battery- and you signed it- well, its on you and your fault for signing it. WORSE if you signed it and didnt read the P&S agreement.

End of the day, your fight is with the dealer. Not PCNA.

Maybe if you have someone you can talk to within the dealer,they'll tell you who owned the car previously. That way you can contact that person and find out if they kept the Li Battery?

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
It got lost somewhere. If the car is ordered with a Lithium Ion battery it comes with that AND the regular battery automatically. I think of it as wheels. If the car had 19" Carrera Sport wheels on teh sticker but came with Spyder wheels you are not entitled to the otehr wheels because they are on the sticker. Used cars man. Only thing you got is if they said it has it and it doesnt. But then again every dealer operates differently. PCNA is out on this. Its up to the dealer :-/

Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dave-t is an unknown quantity at this point
Tell he dealer you want back your money and they can have back their car unless they provide you with a ion lithium battery. You and the dealer are not going to like that option but it will definitely raise some eyebrows and some action will be taken. Being a salesman myself a loss of commission is not taken lightly by the salesperson.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
f16solo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
First, Porsche NA does have a fight in this game. The franchised dealer is a representitive of Porsche Cars North America. However, end of the day- Porsche NA can only threaten the CPO'ing dealer. They can make their lives a little painful; but since this is such a grey area subject (the car being sold with an Li Battery or not) there isn't much PCNA can do. On the other hand, if NOTHING was noted on the Purchase and Sale Agreement that the car WASN'T as described or listed for sale- then your case is in small claims court. The dealer didn't list it. They didn't inform you, so its on them.

If however it IS listed somewhere on the documents that the car in question does NOT have the Li Battery- and you signed it- well, its on you and your fault for signing it. WORSE if you signed it and didnt read the P&S agreement.

End of the day, your fight is with the dealer. Not PCNA.

Maybe if you have someone you can talk to within the dealer,they'll tell you who owned the car previously. That way you can contact that person and find out if they kept the Li Battery?

Good luck.
The car went from corporate to dealer to me, no private party in between. I think corporate has the battery somewhere while they were showcasing the car and didn't pass along to dealer.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks for that info, well I guess the dealer will have to explain why they didn't do that.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BluScorpio
You do realize that the lithium ion batteries do not come installed in the car when it is ordered from the factory. The car comes with a regular battery installed AND the lithium ion battery in a box handed to you when you take delivery of the car....
This is the kicker of the whole thing here guys.

New car --- you get the battery.
Slightly used car --- MAYBE you get the battery.

To the OP, i feel your pain but fear that this is just "one of those things" when operating in the car business. Had this been a BRAND NEW car i would totally be raising ____! But since its slightly used and/has miles/etc its a very case by case issue. Did you specifically buy this car because of the battery? Did you do any research on this before hand? It seems as if it were THAT important to you it would have already been worked out before the car was sold and shipped. I am not trying to be an azz here just saying what i think.

Regardless of the battery - let me be the first to congratulate you on an awesome car!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
This is the kicker of the whole thing here guys.

New car --- you get the battery.
Slightly used car --- MAYBE you get the battery.

To the OP, i feel your pain but fear that this is just "one of those things" when operating in the car business. Had this been a BRAND NEW car i would totally be raising ____! But since its slightly used and/has miles/etc its a very case by case issue. Did you specifically buy this car because of the battery? Did you do any research on this before hand? It seems as if it were THAT important to you it would have already been worked out before the car was sold and shipped. I am not trying to be an azz here just saying what i think.

Regardless of the battery - let me be the first to congratulate you on an awesome car!

Agreed,

Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by ZEM930
Agreed,
OK guys you have your points, but lets stick to the facts, if I could I would post the build sheet here but I am not that good with this uploading. The list was emailed to me stating the options, once again it is a listed item period! In addition it was also listed on the dealer website. If it is listed item as it was when you all purchased your cars new or not it should come with the vehicle as stated. Again the car was direct from PNA to dealer to me, yes used but financed as new car from PNA becasue it was never registered. So yes probably somewhere along the line someone took it out of the car and no one noticed until I bought the car, so based on some comments I am supposed to let it ride. Right? What would you do?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by f16solo
OK guys you have your points, but lets stick to the facts, if I could I would post the build sheet here but I am not that good with this uploading. The list was emailed to me stating the options, once again it is a listed item period! In addition it was also listed on the dealer website. If it is listed item as it was when you all purchased your cars new or not it should come with the vehicle as stated. Again the car was direct from PNA to dealer to me, yes used but financed as new car from PNA becasue it was never registered. So yes probably somewhere along the line someone took it out of the car and no one noticed until I bought the car, so based on some comments I am supposed to let it ride. Right? What would you do?
Ok, yes you should get the battery. Really hope it works for you.

Quick Reply: 2011 Spyder I need help