Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

2011 Spyder I need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:17 PM
ALB
Teamspeed Junior Member
ALB is on a distinguished roadALB is on a distinguished road
does it exclusively say lithium ion battery on the build sheet or does it just say light weight battery as i know for the Cayman r and Spyder the light weight battery is a standard featuer which is just a smaller regular car battery not the 2300 affair

Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed's Mexico Ambassador
frissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant futurefrissen has a brilliant future
"sold as is"

its going to be hard to argue against that

Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to say it, but I think you are out of luck. I think to show great service the dealer should take care of it or help you out in replcaing it, but as mentioned...this is on you for not seeing it wasn't there before driving off or accepting it.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
f16solo is an unknown quantity at this point
It states option 191 lightweight Lithiumion Battery 1700.00. I am not sure about those that say well you should have verified before. If it states on the options sheet which I asked for before closing the deal and it was listed on the website as well what does one expect. Its not like I was buying a honda. Is there some implicit understanding that what was stated as fact (aforementioned options) should in fact be there and covered. Sorry for the delay in responding just trying to get caught up. Any lawyers out there that could shed some light on this. thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by f16solo
It states option 191 lightweight Lithiumion Battery 1700.00. I am not sure about those that say well you should have verified before. If it states on the options sheet which I asked for before closing the deal and it was listed on the website as well what does one expect. Its not like I was buying a honda. Is there some implicit understanding that what was stated as fact (aforementioned options) should in fact be there and covered. Sorry for the delay in responding just trying to get caught up. Any lawyers out there that could shed some light on this. thanks
I understand what you are saying, but if you accept the car and 2 hours later find a long scratch you hadn't seen before then it's yours. Too bad. Same applies here. Although, like I said, I think the dealer should be willing to work with you, help out and realize that it wasn't actually there. But they don't have to.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
So under your scenario a car delivered across state lines bought over the internet is a as is sale and you the buyer have no recourse if it came with missing items listed on its option sheet. I can't accept that and don't think any teamspeed member here would accept these terms either. Anybody out there want to concurr?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I may have misunderstood this. Did you catch it and notify them as it was delivered or did some time pass before you noticed it and contacted them?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
when it was delivered to california

Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't know, either way I think they should take care of it or at least get you one very cheaply. But what can you really do other than not do business with them in the future. It is the dealer's issue 100%.

I wasn't saying you are wrong, just saying that there really isn't much you can do.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Well I have filed a complaint with Porsche but have not heard a word since the letter informing me that they were going to talk to the dealership and the area rep. I think tomorrow I am going to make a few calls to see whats up. I am also going to talk to someone who handles consumer affairs in the state that I purchased it from to see what policies are in place to protect consumers or do my state laws apply. Thanks for dialoging with me on this matter.

Quick Reply: 2011 Spyder I need help