Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

2011 Spyder I need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
f16solo is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 Spyder I need help

I recently bought my 2011 spyder and upon delivery was surprised to find my Lithiumion battery not in the car as listed on the spec sheet. I bought it used but it was certified. I have been gracious with my dealer and they have been in return, but I seem to be caught between Porsche NA and the Dealer, no one wants to make me whole at this point. I filed a complaint with Porsche NA and they sent me a letter telling me they had notified the area rep and the Dealership. I was told the area rep would not help the dealership out. So what am I to do? I believe somewhere along the line the battery was misplaced or taken. I bought the car on the representation that what was listed was actually within the car. The dealer doesn't want to take the hit and Porsche NA doesn't want to give them what they purchased. Why should I have to make an argument for what I believe I purchased, I told the dealership the fight is with Porsche NA not me, I should be made whole and you should fight with them over not including the battery as listed. Help, thanks M*

Last edited by f16solo; 12-29-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The dealer owes it to you plain and simple if the lithium battery was represented to you in the sale, keep complaining to Porsche NA is my only advice. What dealership is it?

Old 12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Small claims court

Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I'd rather not say what dealership at this point, but I reserve the right to later if things don't go well. As I said earlier they have been gracious and have offered a 500 dollar credit to use as I see fit but that doesn't get me my battery. I had a letter drafted to the CEO and operations VP but the complaint dept said it wouldn't help. I thought folks here might have had a similar experience but really this doesn't sound like Porsche at all. It is my first Porsche and hopefuly not my last but if PORSCHE NA doesn't correct this issue I will go elsewhere.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
how much does that battery cost?!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
It's a 2300 replacement cost

Old 12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I agree, but both of them should get together and figure this out. I just need to figure out who to go after, I thought by filing a complaint it would help the dealership out by highlighting the fact that they got shortchanged and that would give them some impetus to give me a battery and then fight it out with Porsche NA.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't work like that.

You bought a used car from a dealership. You should have checked that all items represented by the dealer were in fact present, true and correct.

This is a problem with the dealer. Porsche NA has nothing to do with this.

Good luck, but I doubt you're gonna get a $2300 battery out of them...

Old 12-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
It doesn't work like that.

You bought a used car from a dealership. You should have checked that all items represented by the dealer were in fact present, true and correct.

This is a problem with the dealer. Porsche NA has nothing to do with this.

Good luck, but I doubt you're gonna get a $2300 battery out of them...
I'm going to have to agree with this.....typically the manufacturer won't help you out on a used car

stick to the dealer, there's no way their cost on the battery is even half of the $2300

if they advertised it with the light weight battery, stick to them until they install one for you

Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I see your points about its the dealer responsibility, let me give you some additional background. This car was used by Porsche as a exec car and was sold to my dealership. It was never registered until I bought it so I feel the both of them need to figure it out amongst themselves and make me whole. As to I should have checked I did when I took posession and immediately notified the dealer when I found out it was missing. So who do I hold responsible. It sounds like most of you think it's the dealer and not Porsche. So how do do I do that from california and the dealership is in another state, do I lawyer up it will cost more than the battery. Do I wage an Internet campaign?

Quick Reply: 2011 Spyder I need help