Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman R questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and I'm all for a Baltimore meet - just do it after Memorial Day weekend and I can make it!

Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
white on posted on 6speed.....SICK!

That is pure win!!! I want one of these too.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
looks good, black wheels & a 6 speed and that car would be well sorted
Yes to a 6 speed. But for me, black wheels thing is getting a little played......

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Thanks for the input guys. That one DJ rendered is right on target (minus the gold wheels). For me, I want it to be more special than just the standard aerokit. I explained to my wife that a lot of Porsche guys since the earliest days would mix and match OEM components to get the right look. Guys would put Fuchs on 356s, 911S seats in a 911T, etc. Hell, my dad's old 356C came from the factory with 911 seats since it was one of the very last 356s built.

I'm still working on a way to get the Cayman R (and possibly keep my 911, too). I'll keep you posted...
Oh, and I'm all for a Baltimore meet - just do it after Memorial Day weekend and I can make it!
Agree 100%. Love doing different combos of OEM stuff to make the car special. That is what makes the 911 brand so special in my mind. A base 911 could be lowered on some GT2 center locks and have the seats from a GT3 and become a whole new car!

Balitmore meet sometime in June --- i will plan it.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
white on posted on 6speed.....SICK!

[IMG]http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147997&d=1302550237[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147998&d=1302550244[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=148005&d=1302550400[IMG]
absolutely stunning!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough2slow2speed will become famous soon enough
I'm still working on a way to get the Cayman R (and possibly keep my 911, too). I'll keep you posted...
Just give the 911 to your wife and get yourself the R

Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Yes to a 6 speed. But for me, black wheels thing is getting a little played......
its played on the internet. look at all the black accents on that car, would tie it together nicely.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Where were you today? I didn't see your Spyder at the swap meet or at KOP. Rain kept you home? The drive down was bad for the first 45 minutes (only two Porsches and an Audi showed up at KOP), but then the rain cleared up, and it only lightly rained at the meet for about 5 minutes, the rest of the day was just overcast, and the sun even came out later in the day. There was a 356 there that has been coast to coast 15 times! He won the concours for his class. I'll post some pictures in the general section later.

Wish you could have been there!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
its played on the internet. look at all the black accents on that car, would tie it together nicely.
Played on the internet for sure. Played in real life a little too. Hot car regardless ~

Originally Posted by Carrera
Where were you today? I didn't see your Spyder at the swap meet or at KOP. Rain kept you home? The drive down was bad for the first 45 minutes (only two Porsches and an Audi showed up at KOP), but then the rain cleared up, and it only lightly rained at the meet for about 5 minutes, the rest of the day was just overcast, and the sun even came out later in the day. There was a 356 there that has been coast to coast 15 times! He won the concours for his class. I'll post some pictures in the general section later.

Wish you could have been there!
Ye man - crappy weather for a Spyder - and all my buddies were not taking their cars out in the rain/wet roads so i bagged it. Hopefully we can meet up soon tho - car meet season is just arriving!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2slow2speed
Just give the 911 to your wife and get yourself the R
That might be what we do. Then I'd get a Golf R for a DD...

Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Watch this space.
One last piece of the puzzle I want/need:

Since the Cayman R stripped the cowl off the instruments, I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the cowl. In direct sunlight, it really washes out the instruments... Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Cayman R questions