Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Crashed the Spyder today....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Crashed the Spyder today....

Luckily I am ok, but my poor baby is not...

The Spyder went underneath a Prius and their rear tire actually came all the way up onto the windshield. Thankfully I am ok.

Anyone have any idea how much this will be to fix or whether they will consider it totaled? It has 7k miles on it so I don't know the approximate amount in repairs. Guessing the value of the car is $55-$60k currently with the mileage.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Awwww that sucks. Glad you are okay at least.

I'm no expert, but I'd say if the chassis is okay, the car should be repairable with out being totaled out. Best of luck to you!

BTW, just another reason the Prius is a bad idea.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Glad you escaped sans injury

Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
xlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond reputexlx_LFA_xlx has a reputation beyond repute
Ughh..this sucks. I feel for you, but to be frank I don't see how your frame isn't bent after that one. I would have to say totaled :/

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Could have been worse. Hope you get what its worth

Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well thank goodness you are ok, all that matters!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
glad u r ok. feel bad for ur car. can't really tell from the pictures without looking under the hood. since ur air bag deployed it's gonna cost u.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Glad you're ok.
That should buff right out.

That's a write off my man. Sorry.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
underneath a Prius?

I'll leave my jokes for another day, glad you're ok.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that really sucks! Glad to hear you and your Subway beverage survived the accident unscathed.

Quick Reply: Crashed the Spyder today....