Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Introduction: Bought myself a 30th birthday gift...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Great BDay gift to yourself. Welcome to the board.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome... love the car!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Thanks again everyone.

I signed up for the local SD chapter of the PCA and went on a Sunday Tour. Some of the most enjoyable roads, twists, and turns through the mountain and desert to fully enjoy the new car. Loads of fun!

It was neat to see 50 or so Pcars all cruising together. New GT3s and turbos following an old 70's Mexico Blue duck tail and me...it was a site to see!

Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Any fun mods planned asap?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the team! Happy birthday!

PS: I can hook you up with a real nice avatar.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DJ
Any fun mods planned asap?
You know it's funny, I love to research and analyze which mods I'd eventually plan to add, but now that I have her, I can see myself just enjoying it as is...for a little while. Since it's CPO and new to me, I'm somewhat reluctant to start hacking at things.

* I'm planning on stuffing the BOSE subwoofer with poly-fill soon.
* I've heard people say the Sachs coilovers are more comfortable than my stock non-PASM setup on their softest level. If this is true, I might be interested.
* Love the sound of the car and hate the stock tips, but as this is my only car, the last thing I want is drone and obnoxious sounds. Listening to exhausts on Youtube, I'm attracted towards the FVD Brombacher TUV setup. Also wondering what the stock setup would sound like with EPL's headers.
* A bit more thrust would be nice, so perhaps the RS350 kit: IPD Plenum + GT3 throttle body, filter and EVOMSit tune.

Kevin was nice enough to give me a ride in his TPC turbo Cayman and wow, what a ride. If I was more mechanically savvy, perhaps I'd feel more comfortable with a setup like that...I guess that's the same reason my s4 never saw stage 3.

Originally Posted by Mini George
Welcome to the team! Happy birthday!

PS: I can hook you up with a real nice avatar.
That would be great! I plan on taking many more photos...PM me with details!

Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Happy belated birthday. Congrats on the Cayman.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
People have been asking for interior pics...this isn't a very good one, but I snapped this while waiting for my next auto-x laps:

Seems impossible to keep a car clean living so close to the ocean...covered in moisture every morning: