Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman S transformation coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Cayman S transformation coming

*Finished product featured above, head to page 23 for all the completed shots!

This is a special client and friends car. It currently is modified with the Evo RS380 kit,H&R lowering springs,partial rear cage, H&R F&R sway bars,upper front strut bar, gt3 steering wheel,shifter and handbrake,EBC redstuff F/R pads,stainless steel brake-lines, GT2 Carbon fiber folding buckets,BBS LMR 19"s,full AV Kenwood system and the 9500ci.

Now that's a great car already, but Joe and I thought we should have some more fun. Coming from Techart is a full Aerokit II,Formula III 20" wheels,Techart/Brembo 8piston ft and 4piston rear, a Quaiff(e)? LSD and a lightweight singlemass flywheel. Also more suspension, trying to decide what coilover kit to use,as well as add interior bits....Techart wheel, shifter and handbrake. We are also deciding how we will change the interior.

Now your scratching your head and saying why a Cayman? He has a large stable of other toys with doors that go up and out, so this is more of a fun project. Let me know what you think. Parts start arriving the 27th.
Thanks!!!!

Last edited by erazer72; 04-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
looks good, i take it you work at a dealer?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
looks nice, just needs a little bit moar powaaaaaaaaaaaaah ....

Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Yes to the dealer and yes to more power. TPC is the main thought at this point.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
If TPC is already on your radar then I would recommend checking their supsension packages as well. Not just a coilover kit but designed for the Cayman. Trust me I learned the hard way with my own coil overs.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tell more...

Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Just drop an email. Skip the brakes... for the power that this car is making they are way overkill. Stock with fluid and pads are more than enough.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
I know......we want BIG brakes!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
You really sound like you got it all covered....but i think a clear engine cover would be a nice final cosmetic touch!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Guys, Thanks for the support... this project is something a little different for me, I usually start with a new car then tune from there. This project is an 06 Cayman with 30K on the clock and a lot of money has been spent on it before I came to play. The pervious owner who I know well has put in a considerable amount of money into this car, I now want to take it to the next level. Like Ethan said, we ordered a Techart full Aerokit II,Formula III 20" wheels,Techart/Brembo 8piston ft and 4piston rear, a LSD and a lightweight singlemass flywheel... this is just getting us started. Next I want to do a complete custom interior. I fell this is going to be s fun project that will keep me smiling for years to come!!!

Quick Reply: Cayman S transformation coming