Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman S transformation coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
you will have one special Cayman there. Keep us posted and good luck!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Just drop an email. Skip the brakes... for the power that this car is making they are way overkill. Stock with fluid and pads are more than enough.
I will reach out to you next week... after doing a little research on your turbo set up I think I am sold... What I am really looking for is some more low end torque out to the corners and this should fit the bill as long as it is not to peaky. I tuned a 997 turbo and I hated the drivability of the car after the tune... it was hard to come out of corners without getting sideways and it became very unpredictable. I also had a GT2 that I loved how the power came on... very linear and predictable, this is what I am looking for.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
20" wheels on a Cayman look terrible and handle even worse. Many people have the TechArt kit and it always looks great.

My advise, listen to TPC completely for ALL of the power and suspension upgrades, and you will go away looking like a genius.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
subscribed

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpcourt
I will reach out to you next week... after doing a little research on your turbo set up I think I am sold... What I am really looking for is some more low end torque out to the corners and this should fit the bill as long as it is not to peaky. I tuned a 997 turbo and I hated the drivability of the car after the tune... it was hard to come out of corners without getting sideways and it became very unpredictable. I also had a GT2 that I loved how the power came on... very linear and predictable, this is what I am looking for.
Attached is a decent graph of our turbo system for a car just like yours. you can see that the turbo torque curve emulates the standard curve, however it is ~120 lb/ft more at all RPMs. Our goal is drivable hp. We like to track these cars and there is nothing worse than a car that comes out of a corner with spikey torque to upset it. Would like to help you in any way possible. We can work with your installer/dealer on putting together packages. My direct email is cparkin@tpcracing.net

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Casey... I will have Ethan give you a call and get all the info, I don't think I have a choice anymore, this is a must do. Ethan will be very excited about doing this… he gets as much fun out of these projects as I do… well almost

Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
We know each other too well...... I'm calling Casey now...

Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
TPC Stage II coming 549 crank HP! Im sorry back tires, but we had to do it.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
So now that we are getting into this project in a bigger way than I thought, I will have some almost new parts that were added months ago coming off the car to make way for the new “vision”. So if anyone is interested I will post them here as they come off the car.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
The parts will that will be coming off are
1)stock red Cayman-S brakes. calipers,rotors,pads(ebc red stuff) front and rear(30k on calipers and rotors,2k on pads)
2)Cargraphic full exhaust headers/muffler(2k miles)
3)stock non-PASM suspenion with Eibach 1.5 lowering springs(30k on struts/2k on springs)
4)Alcantara steering wheel,shifter and handbrake
5)GT3 throttlebody
6)Front stock bumper for 2006 Cayman-S

Quick Reply: Cayman S transformation coming