Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

NEW!!!! PDK Paddle Shifter Steering Wheel

Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I'm blind, but the new facelift Turbo I drove has these paddles already?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
That is a good thing! We don't always get what we want from Porsche, like a true Bluetooth for the longest time! I like to see Porsche reduce the number of buttons in the new Panamera by half and go with a the intuitive knob all the other Germans marque uses.
Like Idrive. Clearly that was a hit! (Notice the subtile yet effective sarcasm)

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Eh, PDK gets boring my friend. Trust me. If it were a track-only car and you needed those extra 10ths to win, then sure. But day in, day out... not so much. My next one will be a manual.

you think? Man i rented a PDK cab while in Germany and LOVED every second of it. I dont know that i would 100% get it but i dont usually keep cars too long anyways so perhaps a little fun with a PDK car would be cool?

I just loved double-downsfiting that car in some of the tunnels around Stuttgart and looking at the faces of people on the street as i ripped by!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
you think? Man i rented a PDK cab while in Germany and LOVED every second of it. I dont know that i would 100% get it but i dont usually keep cars too long anyways so perhaps a little fun with a PDK car would be cool?

I just loved double-downsfiting that car in some of the tunnels around Stuttgart and looking at the faces of people on the street as i ripped by!!!
Of course PDK has its benefits and is the future of transmissions. But on the street I have to agree with Chris... it just isn't as fun after a long period of time...

Old 03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
any alcantara, carbon etc.. options available ?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
-tokz- is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this applicable for Panamera?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Eh, PDK gets boring my friend. Trust me. If it were a track-only car and you needed those extra 10ths to win, then sure. But day in, day out... not so much. My next one will be a manual.
I see where you're coming from - the fact is any car we deem to be 'special' that's used every day will become tiresome as that's our (car enthusiasts) nature. I use either the ML or Mini during the week depending on where i am going and i must admit having auto's in them keeps their purpose pure - they get me from A to B with no fuss.

My old 997 was a manual and after a year i was fed up of it - it lost it's special feeling as i was using it as a daily and the manual became irritating.

It's all swings and roundabouts Chris. I am thinking of getting something with some real character that i'll use just on the weekends.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
As usual you are spot-on, Josh. I get bored too quickly, which is a huge part of the reason my next Porsche will be my last new one. I'll order it exactly the way I want, pick it up at the factory, etc. No way to "top" that (at least as far as Porsches go).

There are so many new and used cars under $50K (and one special one I like @ $60K) that it doesn't make sense to have such a costly habit and drop $100K+ every year or two.

As far as the PDK vs. manual discussion goes, I think I'll ALWAYS need one manual car (currently all three of ours are dual-clutch). It might as well be my sports car...

Old 03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
This is a must have the std PDK set-up stinks.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Mike S
Maybe I'm blind, but the new facelift Turbo I drove has these paddles already?
I don't get it as well.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW!!!! PDK Paddle Shifter Steering Wheel