Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

RSS Cayman Harness Bar Special Offer

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,

Thanks for the post. The special launch price from 2009 has indeed run its course but feel free to contact me or one of our dealers directly for some TeamSpeed love. The list price is currently $459. The bar ships with a small silver RSS logo but we would be happy to include our other logo as well.

In regards to your other question, the safest way to mount the lower belts is with eyelets through the chassis with an appropriate backing plate. You can find some of these items through your Schroth dealer. If you prefer not to drill through the tunnel, a sub bar mount can be used instead, depending on what seats you are using.

Take care,

Bryan

"Bryan,

Is that Team Speed member price of $350 still available? I'd like to order a bar this week. Also could I request the "Stuttgart Performance" sticker to be added as well?

Side note: In terms of mounting the harnesses...I'm getting the newly offered Schroth 4-point and it's obvious where the shoulder straps are attached to, but where and how does the lap belt that originates from the seat belt receptacle side attach to? I know that you can buy an adapter that bolts into where the factory belt attaches on the door side, but I'm just unsure of how securely mount the other lap belt.

Thanks"

Old 02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Chad,

Thanks for the post. The special launch price from 2009 has indeed run its course but feel free to contact me or one of our dealers directly for some TeamSpeed love. The list price is currently $459. The bar ships with a small silver RSS logo but we would be happy to include our other logo as well.

In regards to your other question, the safest way to mount the lower belts is with eyelets through the chassis with an appropriate backing plate. You can find some of these items through your Schroth dealer. If you prefer not to drill through the tunnel, a sub bar mount can be used instead, depending on what seats you are using.

Take care,

Bryan

"Bryan,

Is that Team Speed member price of $350 still available? I'd like to order a bar this week. Also could I request the "Stuttgart Performance" sticker to be added as well?

Side note: In terms of mounting the harnesses...I'm getting the newly offered Schroth 4-point and it's obvious where the shoulder straps are attached to, but where and how does the lap belt that originates from the seat belt receptacle side attach to? I know that you can buy an adapter that bolts into where the factory belt attaches on the door side, but I'm just unsure of how securely mount the other lap belt.

Thanks"
Fantastic, thanks for the feedback! I'm between ordering an RSS swaybar and the harnesses + RSS harness bar...

looks like the latter option is going to be quite expensive (your harness bar is priced great) with 2 harnesses costing nearly $900... I don't even track the car, I just like the way harnesses feel, and thought they'd be a great addition to the CF race seats I have in there now.

I'll be sure to contact you either way when I decide what I'll be ordering from you guys at RSS!

Thanks!