Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Gobbles goes vertical in the L-39

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Cool video, looks like tons of fun.

Why do they always stop the plane before accelerating for takeoff, cant they just make the turn onto the runway, then blast it?
Because you are checking for certain things (engine specs -- temps, pressures, etc.) before you cut it loose. Better to find a problem early in the takeoff roll than later.

Originally Posted by atomic80
^^^Probably because of timing. They've got to wait to take off until they get the go ahead from the airport traffic controller. Sometimes they do a rolling take off though. I love those! Especially in a 757!
Yep, you can do it that way too and normally they will when they need to you expedite your departure due to landing traffic behind you.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
OK, just wondering.

I know I have been on commercial flights that do both, most seem to stop before takeoff though

Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DEVILDOG You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I did some looking into these war birds and I believe I will get one before I buy my Continental GT. I know this will be more fun to own. Thanks for bringing me to the light.......