Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Bombardier’s $65 million private jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
If you own the aircraft, what do the staff do when the plane isn't in the air? Is the staff usually dedicated to the aircraft?
The staff has to hang out and wait. Most private planes have dedicated staff yes. When you hire private (like Marque jet etc) and you need the plane to wait for a day you pay per diem. Hotel/Food and so many hours of the day. Unless you are in an area that they can come back to the next day without problem.

Pilot's for a lot of these planes have to rotate their life around the owners. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but it sure would be cool to fly a G4 for a month. On Call has a whole new meaning when you fly a plane for the mega rich. You never know when you are going to get a call to fly to Italy for some pasta

The Marque and Netjets type of places I am sure have much better schedules for pilots because of the ability to park the planes all over the world but still wouldn't be a life I would like. Marc can probably answer this question better than I. It seems he has a much deeper knowledge of this Industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
If you own the aircraft, what do the staff do when the plane isn't in the air? Is the staff usually dedicated to the aircraft?
Depends. If you are staying somewhere for a while then you Airline the crew home or put them up at a Hotel. You can have different types of crew arrangements you can use full time pilots or use contract guys depends how often you fly. Crew is the least of your expenses.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't you supposed to be getting me something? ^^^^^

Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Mythic
let me put it this way. If people can own a 300M dollar superyatcht and a 1B dollar house. whats 65M?
Lol, so they can sly one

Old 04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
ovi
Teamspeed Junior Member
ovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these parts
That is amazing! black jet = pure awesomeness!

there was a question about jets making financial sense. My buddy flys jets and told me the prices for upkeeps and storage and its ridiculous. Its so much money it sounds like a waste. However when owning a corporation and jet and all the fees are tax deductible. So when you make 100+ million dollars a year and you would have to pay 30 or 40 mil in taxes why not get a jet and wright off the taxes. Instead of giving all that money to the Gov you can keep it and use it. So yes it actually does make financial sense. LOVE IT!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ovi
That is amazing! black jet = pure awesomeness!

there was a question about jets making financial sense. My buddy flys jets and told me the prices for upkeeps and storage and its ridiculous. Its so much money it sounds like a waste. However when owning a corporation and jet and all the fees are tax deductible. So when you make 100+ million dollars a year and you would have to pay 30 or 40 mil in taxes why not get a jet and wright off the taxes. Instead of giving all that money to the Gov you can keep it and use it. So yes it actually does make financial sense. LOVE IT!

The taxation of priavte aircraft for corporations is actually quite restrictive. You are very limited on the amount you can take as a deduction.

Also, if the aircraft is used AT ALL for personal reason's the deduction is almost zero. So if the plane is 90% business and 10% personal. You get to deduct almost nothing, not 90% of the costs.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 PM
ovi
Teamspeed Junior Member
ovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these partsovi is infamous around these parts
Totally agree with you! Im sure the smart corps understand how to do it right. there are also ways to do corporation to corporation lease backs which make up costs as well (meaning one of your companies can lease to your other company) The interesting thing about the tax code in this country is that if you know the loop holes that the senate has created its quite awesome! Non the less. What an amazing Jet!!! Hell I hope to one day just get a citation X