Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Bahamas Flying

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Bahamas Flying Pictures!!

So yesterday (Saturday June 26th) I decided to go to the Bahamas and play some golf with my father. I actually came up with the idea the night before.

As many of you know, I received my pilot certificate last year. This was my first international flight, so I was excited about flying to Nassau. I have been thousands of times before, but my father was flying at that time, now it was my turn to do everything from filing manifests to CBP and filing my flight plan to Bahamas. Not that any of that is difficult, it was just my first time doing so, it was also the first time I would fly over such a large body of water.

Well, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was amazing all day long, the flight was perfect. The approach to Nassau was great, and flying over the islands and waters of the Bahamas is something every pilot should have the pleasure of doing. We went to play golf at my favorite place in Nassau, The Ocean Club. I have been going to the Ocean Club for as long as I can remember. For those of you that don't know The Ocean Club Paradise Island Resorts: One&Only Ocean Club Nassau Bahamas Hotels is the nicest place to stay in Nassau and one of the top hotels in the world. It was also featured in a few James Bond movies.

The flight back was great too, and I have never had a better Customs and immigration experience before. The two officers I dealt with at Opa Locka are the epitome of what all CBO officers should be like.

Well I wont continue to add text, I'll just let the pictures do the talking. BTW I flew there in Cessna 182.

Cat Cay. We used to be members at this private club, and I remember going there as a kid. Great place to go, small private and nice. Tiny airstrip there too.

Cat Cay

Flying over the waters and islands of the Bahamas en route to Nassau

77NM from Nassau

Approaching Andros

Approaching Nassau RWY 09 over Lyford Cay

My father and I

Golfing at the Ocean Club

A house on the Ocean Club Course.

Last edited by Hernando; 06-27-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
More of the golf and views at Ocean Club

The flight back, and flying over Andros and other islands again and some cool Clouds. I love taking these pictures and showing them to people who don't fly. This is a BIG reason for why I love flying, you get to see some of the coolest and most amazing views ever.

Cat Cay on the way back

Between Bimini and Miami I came across this cloud and thought it looked really cool. I flew through the hole to the right of the big one.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
naz
Teamspeed Pro
naz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond reputenaz has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing shots! Hope you had a great time.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by naz
Amazing shots! Hope you had a great time.
Thanks. Yeah, I had a great time.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Living the life!
Great pics and obviously a great time.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Great pictures, Hernando, and a great flight! And always great to get to spend a day playing golf with Dad. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:44 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome shots Hernando! Livin' the life for sure!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
congrats
the first time is always special and you did it in style

very cool!

and you did it in the infamous Bermuda Triangle ,hehe

thanks for sharing your great day with us!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Man Hernando, what an amazing trip and glad you enjoyed your time with your father. Thanks for sharing man and yes you are "Living the Life". Kenny

Old 06-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
If your purpose was to make us jealous you certainly did, but i am on a beatiful Greek island now so i dont worry about it...

Quick Reply: Bahamas Flying