Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Whats the rundown on flying lessons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
I've watched a few of his You Tube videos and I can get the sense of Humor. Thinking about getting the DVD set for the Cessna Program and getting my feet wet.
Ive tried the Kings as well. They're both great. PM'd you.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the general consensus on the King Schools materials?

I have a few textbooks from my flying days that might be useful if you're interested (Jeppesen is one of them)

Old 05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
It should not cost you more than 10k to get through the written, thats about what it cost me. I got mine done in about 2 months, but I went every day with a couple of breaks in between for some business trips. I also recommend getting through the ground school first, that way you can look forward to all the flying you'll do. At least that's how I did it, but do whatever works for you.

Whats the general consensus on the King Schools materials?
I've used King School materials, and they are good but Gleim is much much better. It's more concise and to the point. You can go through study sessions that are about what will be in the FAA written, then you can do practice sessions for each chapter and pick however many questions you want to have. You go through the questions and when you answer them they tell you why you are right or wrong. After that you can take actual FAA practice exams. It looks exactly like the FAA exam looks like. I suggest doing this and taking the test until you get 80% or better each time you take it.

I bought the CD for Gleim at the pilot shop, but here is the website: Gleim Products: Private Pilot Knowledge Software

Gleim Home Page