Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

How to supercharge an Aventador?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
Do the supercharger.
Obviously you want something that nobody else has. For a status symbol such as the only supercharged aventador in the world it is going to be a lot cheaper than any kind of yacht, ksegg or custom watch.

I can see this being done making a custom 1 off unit all cnc'd from billet for under 100k including the cad design work plus the labor and other support mods.
Any decent tuner should be able to handle it.

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 06-03-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Do the supercharger.
Obviously you want something that nobody else has. For a status symbol such as the only supercharged aventador in the world it is going to be a lot cheaper than any kind of yacht, ksegg or custom watch.

I can see this being done making a custom 1 off unit all cnc'd from billet for under 100k including the cad design work plus the labor and other support mods.
Any decent tuner should be able to handle it.
I'd have to disagree, The R/D in developing a engine of this caliber will be a lot more and not worth the time. When you have the top tuners already investing with Twin Turbo kits. It'll take months if not much longer to even get a working prototype, not to mention the amount of engine damage it'll cause and I'm pretty sure it'll not be covered under warranty.

Anyhow I dont even think a SC will fit.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
I'd have to disagree, The R/D in developing a engine of this caliber will be a lot more and not worth the time. When you have the top tuners already investing with Twin Turbo kits. It'll take months if not much longer to even get a working prototype, not to mention the amount of engine damage it'll cause and I'm pretty sure it'll not be covered under warranty.

Anyhow I dont even think a SC will fit.
true, that's what it is!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
Why is everyone assuming you HAVE to have a roots type blower. You can have a SCer that doesn't rest on the intake manifold.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Why is everyone assuming you HAVE to have a roots type blower. You can have a SCer that doesn't rest on the intake manifold.
A SC that not on the Manifold???? CAn't say I've ever heard of that. The whole point of SC is to force air in... Otherwise it's no more than a Turbo.... Would ahve to look in to that but I'm skeptic with that comment.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
A SC that not on the Manifold???? CAn't say I've ever heard of that. The whole point of SC is to force air in... Otherwise it's no more than a Turbo.... Would ahve to look in to that but I'm skeptic with that comment.
LOL you work on cars and you have never heard of a supercharger thats not on the intake manifold? Wow....

It's called a centrifugal supercharger....try google.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by TheStigSC
LOL you work on cars and you have never heard of a supercharger thats not on the intake manifold? Wow....

It's called a centrifugal supercharger....try google.
when did I ever say I work on cars????. and I've heard of centrifugal supercharger, I just know them as a vortech supercharger. Eitherway Not all to clued up on those as I've haven't seen many of them except for on a few Tiburons and Mustangs.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
wow.........for how much you talk about how much you know...

Old 06-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Apparently my post was deleted but if you don't know exactly what the hell you're talking about on such a complicated system then shut up. No, I never see this happening but it hurts to read your posts. Just stop.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
@HBDirtbagI'm sorry, didn't know that you have to be clued up about everything to proved some input. I'm sure there are somethings that you are not all clued up on.

Quick Reply: How to supercharge an Aventador?