Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Who here has a Lamborghini Murcielago?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Duff Man
Sorry man, but what's a "Murcielago LP580 ? And what is a "Murcielago LP 580 facelift" ? The first generation Murcielago has never been referred to as LP580 and the facelifted, second generation is an LP640.
The name LP580 does not exist thats true, but I used it to make clear that I mean the first Gen Murcielago which had 580HP...and yes, there sure has been a facelift of the first Gen...it's changes came with the presentation of the murcielago roadster...the facelift contained different wheels, different brakes, Egear as an option, and some new order options.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
EPTXCarlover is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a 2004 Gallardo and loved it. Then I swapped it for a '05 Murcielago Roadster. Big mistake. The car was as stiff as a wet noodle and felt like a whale compared to the Gallardo. A buddy of mine told me the coupe wasn't much stiffer either. Do a search about the infamous roof buckle on the coupes to see what I mean.
I ended up going back to a Gallardo, albeit a UGR TT. To me, the only thing the Gallardo was lacking was speed/power and UGR has a damn good fix for that problem.
However, if all you want to do is impress people, Murcielago can't be topped at that price point and I'll concede the scissor doors don't get old, lol.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shnxx
Yeah I unfortunately can't drive a Lamborghini daily as my commute is above 60 miles round trip.

I feel like the doors are a must feature for me personally so I guess a Murc will be worth the price difference.

How is the maintenance on these cars?
My friend had a Gallardo for about two years and barely spent anything on maintenance... Is the murc 02 or the LP640 going to be extremely costly to maintain?
I dont know the maintenance costs of a first generation murcielago, the only maintenance cost was the clutch, since the car was used as almost a daily drive and was stuck at traffic quite alot. that was around $10,000. Cars been driven roughly 35,000km since its acquisition in 2007. But im sure you know the car rule, you bite a car, it bites your ass and wallet harder. So you take care of the italian bull, it'll make you love her more.

and by the way, whats a LP580? Ive never heard of that before, just the first generation Murcielago (which had the older 6.2L engine 580bhp), LP640, LP650 and LP670

Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
The name LP580 does not exist thats true, but I used it to make clear that I mean the first Gen Murcielago which had 580HP...and yes, there sure has been a facelift of the first Gen...it's changes came with the presentation of the murcielago roadster...the facelift contained different wheels, different brakes, Egear as an option, and some new order options.
the facelift was the LP640 i believe in 2007, but yes there are 6.2L mucrielagos with the E-gear option

Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shnxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like the LP640 will be worth the price of admission compared to the original murc.