Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Pooo, utter pooo...

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:34 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Yeah, too bad they don't make that anymore
mate, if you want one you can get anything from a pristine delivery mile car still in its wrapper to a 10k+ mile driver. they made over 4000

Originally Posted by JDM135
What's up FGT buddy!

Originally Posted by JDM135
It's OK. I'd still rather have an 05-06 GT over a lot of the new exotics coming out or anything near it's price range!
hell yes, it hits all the right buttons for me. you guys can keep all these 4wd, automatic, insulated "supercars"

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
fail

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
This is such a shame. It's an insult to the brand, really. Lamborghini's used to be so raw...

Micropenis must be an epidemic these days.

Old 07-08-2011 | 09:41 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
I am going to play devil's advocate a little here. Let me preface this by saying that every car I have ever owned has 3 pedals and I much prefer to drive a manual for the same reason as all of the rest of you. However, for a brand like Lamborghini, how many people really buy or order one with a manual anyway. It has to be such a small amount that this really is an insignificant change. I would like to know the percentage of Gallardos and Murcies that have a manual. I bet it is a very small number.

Honestly anyone that would order a Lambo with a manual transmission is probably already buying a Porsche anyway. I love driving with that 3rd pedal, but if I were buying a Lambo I probably wouldn't order it that way. As long as I had a fun car with 3 pedals like a Porsche to go along with it.

I guess my point is that for 98% of potential buyers out there, lack of a manual option isn't going to prevent them from buying a Lambo. Some of you included. If you are really wanting a Lamborghini I doubt this would be a dealbreaker.

All that said though....it is kind of sad that isn't even an OPTION. We should still have the choice. And it's a scary trend in the automotive world.

Old 07-08-2011 | 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Hell ya for all the Ford GT love! One of my all time favorites along with the CGT.

CGT and FGT are the last of a dying breed and I plan on owning both some day. Oh the things I would do...

Old 07-08-2011 | 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
Hell ya for all the Ford GT love! One of my all time favorites along with the CGT.

CGT and FGT are the last of a dying breed and I plan on owning both some day. Oh the things I would do...
Werd. Two of my all time favorite cars. Unfortunately, the CGT will never be in my reach. The FGT is a super slim chance. But why is it the cars I want oh so badly are one of the few that actually APPRECIATE in value (rhetorical ?. I know the answer). Dammit.

Old 07-08-2011 | 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
This actually thoroughly pisses me off. What an absolute shame. I understand their logic (money) but at the expense of pissing off a ton of its truest fans in the process. Sad day.

Old 07-08-2011 | 10:52 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Werd. Two of my all time favorite cars. Unfortunately, the CGT will never be in my reach. The FGT is a super slim chance. But why is it the cars I want oh so badly are one of the few that actually APPRECIATE in value (rhetorical ?. I know the answer). Dammit.
1. never say never

2. the appreciation is a bit annoying i wish i took the plunge when they were 100 & change but it would have just sat in a garage for years while im overseas

Old 07-08-2011 | 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
1. never say never

2. the appreciation is a bit annoying i wish i took the plunge when they were 100 & change but it would have just sat in a garage for years while im overseas
Change? By change, do you mean $60-70K b/c I've never seen a good example less than $160K

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual