Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bicolore
No, I said the Aventador cannot because it is not mechanically possible to convert the existing transmission into a manual. I have no idea why this is so hard to understand. This is not a "fail" ... ask the factory techs if you don't believe me. It is 100% impossible for aventador to have conventional manual, it never will happen period! It will never have a stick option.
Seriously dude, you are making my head hurt.

There's no manual in the Aventador because they don't WANT to offer one, not because they can't. Here's how you would do it:

1. Take the exisiting Aventador transmission.

2. Throw away all the electronic nonsense.

3. Put the gearsets wherever the hell you want them to make whatever shift pattern you desire. Make it an R for all I care.

4. Put a shift lever on it.

I'll bet the guys at ZF could do it in a weekend.

What IS hard for me to understand is how anyone this dense could possibly have earned enough money to have bought a Lamborghini.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattjs33
Seriously dude, you are making my head hurt.

There's no manual in the Aventador because they don't WANT to offer one, not because they can't. Here's how you would do it:

1. Take the exisiting Aventador transmission.

2. Throw away all the electronic nonsense.

3. Put the gearsets wherever the hell you want them to make whatever shift pattern you desire. Make it an R for all I care.

4. Put a shift lever on it.

I'll bet the guys at ZF could do it in a weekend.

What IS hard for me to understand is how anyone this dense could possibly have earned enough money to have bought a Lamborghini.
Isnt ROY CATS doing it^^^

Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought someone just made the name "Cabrera" up. Just like they did with the "Jota" before the Aventador was announced as the name.
I'm sure the new model will have more than 580hp. It's going to have to compete with the 458 Scuderia version. 610 is just a guess. I just hope it looks amazing (which it will) and come with a RWD version.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
FerrariWF, you are correct. Someone just made that name up and basically everyone knows it. Only Bicolore hasn't really caught up due to his very slow brain functioning. Personally, I'm fed up with attention whores like him who have no clue what they are talking about. Better find a different forum.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoky
I've already had a dealer (no secrets...it was Dallas Lambo! ) confirm that the successor will be offered as a manual. It won't be restricted to a limited edition. I think this is common knowledge by now.

I can tell you exactly why "it is not mechanically possible to convert the existing transmission into a manual" is hard to understand. The statement simply makes no sense. Most (if not all) manufacturers use separate transmissions entirely if they offer an auto/e-gear vs a manual. It is NOT a matter of adapting a manual into an automatic. Lamborghini did not simply take the 6-speed in the Gallardo and add some actuators to it to transform it into an e-gear variant. Think about it..if they did that then you would still have a clutch it the e-gear. It's a DIFFERENT piece of hardware altogether. That is all anyone here is saying.
Ummm..... You do know there is a clutch in the e-gear, right?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry....

CLUTCH PEDAL

I saw the typo earlier, but figured folks would know what I meant. Oh well.

Off to go edit my post now lest further typo police coming along.

Update: Ah well, the post is too old to edit now. Guess I'll have to live with it.

Last edited by Smoky; 11-23-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
This thread sucks...urg

Where is D55L when ya need him to clear things up...

Old 11-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
I like how the thread title was changed to better reflect the content. :-)

Old 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Smoky
I like how the thread title was changed to better reflect the content. :-)
lol...didnt even see that till now..."speculation"

Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bicolore is an unknown quantity at this point
I never said they could not PUT a manual in there ... duh ZF could do it in a week. What I said is they will NOT do it, and they cannot convert the current existing one to use a manual. They could also slap twin turbos on it from the factory and put 1000+HP into it ... but they obviously won't. Discussing what they "could" do is a 100% waste of time. They can't convert the existing transaxle to a manual hence why there is no manual.

This is not misinformation, I have two legitimate sources (both officially affiliated with Lambo). Once is in the US another at factory.

The one in the states heard that dual clutch was a possibility as well, but it did not make sense to him (as well as myself). For them to put a double clutch in the lower model but not in their flagship really made no sense. Furthermore, Lambo has made it clear they prefer the single clutch for both weigth & performance feel. The next gen R8 will get the double clutch.

Either way, I should know firsthand first since Im getting one of the very first ones (if not the first one to come in).

Next summer is the anniversary celebration in italy and more should be revealed by then on the newer model. Whether they reveal all the details at the celebration or just wait and do a special edition sendoff of the gallardo is unknown yet. Either way I will be there.

p.s. only teenager trolls use the terms "epic" and "fail" ... grow up haha. anybody who can actually afford these cars should not be using such childish terminology

Last edited by Bicolore; 11-28-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread