Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Have you ordered an LP-700 yet?
Yes, order is already set (post your color choice).
16.82%
Not yet, but I plan to (post which color you plan to get it in)
8.41%
No.
74.77%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Who has already ordered an LP-700?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
nice, congrats in advance. I was under the impression that all of the GTO's were built and delivered.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sinan
Oh noes. Lucky new owner. It was one of the best looking SV's out there. Congrats on the GTO though. Never heard a better engine sound before.
Thanks. The SV was awesome but IMO felt its age.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
nice, congrats in advance. I was under the impression that all of the GTO's were built and delivered.
Thanks. Not quite, think the last few are still coming out. Mine's going to be nero with grigio silverstone stripe, yellow calipers, black interior with light grey contrast stitching, etc.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AndrewDinCH
Thanks. Not quite, think the last few are still coming out. Mine's going to be nero with grigio silverstone stripe, yellow calipers, black interior with light grey contrast stitching, etc.
Very subtle, I like the combination on your 16M; really a beautiful car.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
I do not plan to buy one anytime soon. Winkelman himself has reported that all production is sold out for the next year, but what he doesn't report is that many dealers had to place their orders in the name of people within the dealerships or they would get their production slots cut off for the year. So, once again, the dealerships will have more cars than buyers and values will once again take a hit. Lamborghini promised that things would somehow be different this time- that they learned their lesson and would only work on an ordered basis to prevent the same drop that occurred with the LP640. While the LP700 may be a fine car, the reality is that it won't hold its value until buyers outpace sellers.

Last edited by TommyJames; 03-07-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
I do not plan to buy one anytime soon. Winkelman himself has reported that all production is sold out for the next year, but what he doesn't report is that many dealers had to place their orders in the name of people within the dealerships or they would get their production slots cut off for the year. So, once again, the dealerships will have more cars than buyers and values will once again take a hit. Lamborghini promised that things would somehow be different this time- that they learned their lesson and would only work on an ordered basis to prevent the same drop that occurred with the LP640. While the LP700 may be a fine car, the reality is that it won't hold its value until buyers outpace sellers.
Same reason so many Scuderia's hit dealerships Tommy. Sad situation when factories force cars out the window. Funny thing is I like the Lambo factory guys way more than I like Ferrari. The guys you bring around are top notch guys. They just are forcing a product on the market that isn't there.

Too bad factories just can't gear down and produce 1/3rd the cars to keep demand up. Ferrari did some but still will sell any car they can whenever possible.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
AMGFanatic
I dont like it when Factory forces dealerships to order cars, there are 2 CL's sitting here. A CL65 and 63 for around 4 months. I am sure they will sell them someday(more than a year) for 40% off.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ExoticCarsNYC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TommyJames
They pretty much prevented this by mandating a $40000 deposit for each vehicle ordered. Not many dealers are going to give 8-10$40000 deposits just to have inventory sitting.

I work at a busy dealer. And we are sold out for about 11 months right now with the orders we have. There is actually a buzz for the car... it feels good, its been a while for the brand. I think its well deserved for the great design they came out with.

Its safe to say nobody is going to cancel, unless then want to lose their $40K.

Just giving facts here not looking to butt heads w anyone.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
That may be your experience back east, but I have no reason to BS about what's happening out our way and if demand is that strong those cars would be gone by now. As of today, they are very much available. Don't believe me then PM me and I'll point you directly to the dealers.

I'd love to see demand there, but I don't want to see people get hurt either. I've been approached by more than one "dealer" already with cars. I have no idea how the car is doing in other parts of the world but I am telling you that it is a misrepresentation that someone when they claim "sold out" they are implying to end customers when the truth is, it's cars to dealers that are yet unsold and if history repeats itself, and I have ZERO reason to believe otherwise, those unsold cars will kill the value.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Chris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud of
We are almost sold out, but still have allocations. If anyone is still looking for an order for this year, please PM me.

Last edited by Chris@TheExperience; 03-14-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Who has already ordered an LP-700?