Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010 | 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
I love Halo cars, cant wait for what Lambo is preparing! Wait it should be the road version of the Sesto Elemento as they said they were making it...

Old 12-18-2010 | 10:52 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Sesto Elemento is a different project. There is rumor about proper V12 halo car to be built on LP700-4 platform. But it will take some time, now Roadster is next on schedule.

Old 12-18-2010 | 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Lamborghini halo car must have a V12 engine, plus the option of manual gearbox and maybe rear wheel drive as well. Can't see the rear wheel drive bit happening though, Audi probably wouldn't allow it although they did sanction the balboni,.

Old 12-18-2010 | 10:57 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Balboni was the most unsuccessful project in decade, all dealers will agree with this statement. Its quite a big difference between fanboys asking for RWD and customers who will pay for the real car. Customers don't want RWD and manuals on Lambos, sales percentage speaks for itself. So don't expect such things on LP700-4, versions based on it and the halo car.

Old 12-18-2010 | 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by D55L
Balboni was the most unsuccessful project in decade, all dealers will agree with this statement. Its quite a big difference between fanboys asking for RWD and customers who will pay for the real car. Customers don't want RWD and manuals on Lambos, sales percentage speaks for itself. So don't expect such things on LP700-4, versions based on it and the halo car.
First time I've ever been called a fanboy lol. I realise Lamborghini will produce what the customer wants but lets be honest, initial reaction to the LP700 only being available as an auto drew some flak.

I know the Balboni didn't set the world on fire but having spoken to a guy who has both a Balboni and a 560 he says and I quote "If I want to have some fun its the Balboni everytime".

I think there are customers out there who would take the rear wheel drive option if it were available especially a fire breathing mental looking Lamborghini.

Old 12-18-2010 | 11:24 AM
I didn't called anyone a fanboy, I just mentioned that customers paying and fanboys crying isn't similar importance factors for Lamborghini. The ditcing of manual became the trend all supercars makers are following - Ferrari, Lamborghini, even Pagani C9 are not offering option of manual because majority of customers don't want it anymore. Yes, C9 will not be offered with manual also.

I know its sad, because I love manual and can use it perfectly, its a sad fact for me that I will not be able to click that option and get a car to enjoy. But the facts are facts - percentage of manual supercars ordered declined to the point when producing them makes no financial sense anymore.

Speaking about RWD and Lambo - again there are few real enthusiasts who are enjoying Balbonis, but majority of them were not produced and many stayed on the dealers floors for quite a time before sold with discount. Lambo insiders say by themselves - the most unsuccessful project in decade and proof that Lambo should stay AWD.

Of course there are customers, but there are so few of them, that producing car for them makes no sence for the maker.

Old 12-18-2010 | 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I didn't called anyone a fanboy, I just mentioned that customers paying and fanboys crying isn't similar importance factors for Lamborghini. The ditcing of manual became the trend all supercars makers are following - Ferrari, Lamborghini, even Pagani C9 are not offering option of manual because majority of customers don't want it anymore. Yes, C9 will not be offered with manual also.

I know its sad, because I love manual and can use it perfectly, its a sad fact for me that I will not be able to click that option and get a car to enjoy. But the facts are facts - percentage of manual supercars ordered declined to the point when producing them makes no financial sense anymore.

Speaking about RWD and Lambo - again there are few real enthusiasts who are enjoying Balbonis, but majority of them were not produced and many stayed on the dealers floors for quite a time before sold with discount. Lambo insiders say by themselves - the most unsuccessful project in decade and proof that Lambo should stay AWD.

Of course there are customers, but there are so few of them, that producing car for them makes no sence for the maker.
I agree with what you are saying, particularly with reference to the hardcore element who prefer manual boxes and RWD. However as you say it seems the future lies elsewhere.

In regard to the fanboy comment I know you were not referring to me, you were using it in a general term. To be honest about the only thing I could be a fan boy of is your good self. Your continued "scoops" and information on here are nothing short of sensational please keep up the good work.

Old 12-18-2010 | 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I'll wait and see for some car magazine to measure the real weight.
Remember that the number listed is the dry weight.

Old 12-18-2010 | 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Halo car?! Yeah, it's called the LP700-4.
Like the Murciélago, this car will be their flagship model for years to come.
I sincerely doubt another top of the range supercar is currently in the works.

Old 12-18-2010 | 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Sesto Elemento is a different project. There is rumor about proper V12 halo car to be built on LP700-4 platform. But it will take some time, now Roadster is next on schedule.
Well we still have time for that halo car (I would say more than 2 years). Geneva is getting closer each day, cant wait to see the LP700-4

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4