Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010 | 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Daaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura aboutDaaavid has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by McRae
Well it seems to be exactly the same Height as the Murcielago
Taller than the SV:

LP670 SV - 44.68 in.
LP700 - 44.72 in.

Wider than the SV:

LP670 SV - 88.18 in.
LP700 - 89.17 in.

Heavier than the SV:

LP670 SV - 3,450 lb.
LP700 - 3,472 lb.

However the LP700 is 2 inches longer in overall length and wheelbase, so there is definitely more room for taller passengers.

Just to be fair, here is the official press release guide for the SV for comparisons between the current outgoing model.

Last edited by Daaavid; 12-17-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2010 | 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
It's more than a foot and a half wider than a 997S!

Old 12-18-2010 | 03:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
I think if these latest renderings are accurate, which all indicators say they are, then we can definitley see Audi's influence starting to take hold at Lamborghini.

The rebellious, creative spirit that spawned the Miura, Countach and Diablo is long gone, replaced by very safe designs that don't dare to take risks because so much of Audi's money is at stake. They dare not create a polarizing design for fear of losing customers.

No one can doubt that Audi has been a positive influence at Lamborghini, and the cars just keep getting better and better - but the original Lamborghini M.O. is starting to get diluted under Winklemann and co.

Didn't Winklemann once say that they weren't going to put the Miura Concept into production because the philosophy behind Lamborghini was to look forward not backwards? However beautiful or agressive it might look, the LP-700 doesn't appear to have a single original element to its design - this is criminal coming from Lamborghini. I'm sure the car will be a huge success, perform better than all that's gone before and appeal massively to the new markets that Audi seem keen to exploit - but old skool Lambo enthusiasts like myself are going to be alienated by this direction.
So we should wait and see what Geneva brings in March, and a key requirement is to see a car in the flesh before you condemn it. The very best 2-D does not
do justice to 3-D. A good example is the
beauty of the curves on the rear flanks of
the Murcielago. It is impossible to
photograph those curves, but in person
they are there in all their glory!

I also understand your comments are based
on passion for Lamborghini design.

Also don't forget the beautiful designs
that came out of the era just ended. The
beautiful and desireable Murcielago and
LP640 Roadsters. The faceted Reventon
approach. These design ideas were as
innovative as the older Lamborghini
designs.

Therfore I think the House of Lamborghini
is very much intact.

We need to see what they come up with
here in March. So far the driving reports
and reports from those lucky ones that
have seen it have been very favorable!

I am very much looking forward to seeing
my first LP700-4 at Concorso Italiano
next summer. I hope the factory attends as
they used to, to show the car.

If I lived near a dealer I'd be trying
to get myself invited to one of the secret
showings.

Old 12-18-2010 | 05:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Ref comments about dimensions, particularly weight etc. I think we all need to step back and just wait to see what the car looks like and drives like. For most of us mortals who will never own one I think the weight etc is immaterial anyway.

Also lets be perfectly honest for those who wil be lucky enough to own one will they ever realistically use the performance in the real world? For most who buy the LP700 it will be the kudos of owning it that matters rather than the outright weight, speed etc.

Reading all the magazine article on this post ref the early drives of it, they are all fairly positive in their impressions of it.

So we just need to wait and see (God knows I'm desperate to see it though). I check this thread religiously 5 or 6 times a day in the vain hope of seeing the actual bloody car.

It may weigh more than a LP670SV (just) but lets be honest their may well be a stripped out lightweight version to come.

Old 12-18-2010 | 05:17 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
How it can be so lightweight when it is equipped with all luxury features, which will not be offered for Pagani C9, New F1, New Enzo and all other halo cars to come out in few years to come. This weight is very fair considering that this car will be very comfortable, fast and amazingly agile in one package.

According to one source close to Lamborghini, it is possible to strip more than 200 kilos in future lightweight versions.

Also, there is halo car in the works and it will be significantly lighter, this will be the competitor for other halo cars, not LP700-4.

Currently LP700-4 has no competition at all, it seats comfortably in the niche of its own. Until Ferrari will roll amazing 599 successor, there are really no competitors for this car.

And be patient to wait for Geneva. All talks now are pretty useless, you'll love it and it will grow on you in very short time. When first delivered cars will be spotted around famous places almost everyone will appreciate it.

Old 12-18-2010 | 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
The rebellious, creative spirit that spawned the Miura, Countach and Diablo is long gone, replaced by very safe designs that don't dare to take risks because so much of Audi's money is at stake. They dare not create a polarizing design for fear of losing customers.
Actually I didn't see the Diablo as polarizing. It was extreme, innovative and different from anything we had ever seen before, but as far as I remember almost everyone loved the design.
However when the first pics of the LP670 SV were released I definitely remember most members on this board not liking it. People thought it was too busy and had too many details. Yet now Everyone seems to love it.
The LP700 seems to be the same, if you go back and read all the impressions most people are not completely sold yet.
Dunno but seems to me Lambos design is still as polarizing as ever.

Originally Posted by Overtaker
I called it:

Lamborghini disappoints again. First the weight, then the transmission. Their order guide lists the shift time at 50ms, which is the same as the much cheaper 458 Italia, not 50% faster...
Actually the first thing I said after reading the news about the engine and gearbox was: I call bullshit on the gearbox.
Single clutch gearbox 50% faster than double clutch? GTFO!
About the weight I have no clue. Lambos numbers were incorrect regarding the Murci and SV so I don't trust this number either. I'll wait and see for some car magazine to measure the real weight.

Old 12-18-2010 | 06:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by D55L
How it can be so lightweight when it is equipped with all luxury features, which will not be offered for Pagani C9, New F1, New Enzo and all other halo cars to come out in few years to come. This weight is very fair considering that this car will be very comfortable, fast and amazingly agile in one package.

According to one source close to Lamborghini, it is possible to strip more than 200 kilos in future lightweight versions.

Also, there is halo car in the works and it will be significantly lighter, this will be the competitor for other halo cars, not LP700-4.

Currently LP700-4 has no competition at all, it seats comfortably in the niche of its own. Until Ferrari will roll amazing 599 successor, there are really no competitors for this car.

And be patient to wait for Geneva. All talks now are pretty useless, you'll love it and it will grow on you in very short time. When first delivered cars will be spotted around famous places almost everyone will appreciate it.
I'm liking this talk about stripping 200kilos from the LP700, liking even more talk of a halo car in the works.

Old 12-18-2010 | 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Also, there is halo car in the works...
Crazy talk. Lamborghinis ARE halo cars!

Old 12-18-2010 | 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Guys what does halo stand for??? Halo cars are the limited ones like the Reventon, right?

Old 12-18-2010 | 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
Halo cars are your limited run flagship - Enzo for example was Ferraris Halo car, one77 is Aston's etc.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4