Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera/Camcorder

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAUTLOS
> We considered selling the Contour, but [...]

I bought my ContourHD from Amazon, for just under $330, and it did come
with a flat surface mount, mount adhesive, as well as a helmet mount. The
only stuff I ended up buying separately were a cigarette lighter adapter and
a suction cup mount.

> Now the real grand total to invest [...]

The viewing angle of the ContourHD is sufficient for my needs (at 1080p it's
110 deg, versus the GoPro's 127 deg). I selected a ContourHD over a GoPro
for several reasons: aiming lasers, rotating lense, simplicity of use, weight,
form factor, and color of the case. Having the GoPro's take-pics-at-regular-
intervals feature wasn't an issue for me -- for that I can just use my normal
digital compact camera. Last but not least, I did not care about the absolute
lowest price -- in this price range it's not worth my time, and frankly, most
electronic toys are obsolete after a short time anyway.

Both the ContourHD and the GoPro are great little cameras!
Well like I said to make the ContourHD equal to what you get from the GoPro you have to invest $454+. If you decide you want to try a GoPro let us know and we can take care of you. Thanks!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura about
> Well like I said to make the ContourHD equal to what you get from
> the GoPro you have to invest $454+.

I listed my reasons for going with a ContourHD: aiming lasers,
rotating lense, simplicity of use, weight, form factor, and color
of the case.

> If you decide you want to try a GoPro let us know and we can take
> care of you.

I tried both, and kept the CountourHD. See above for why.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAUTLOS
> Well like I said to make the ContourHD equal to what you get from
> the GoPro you have to invest $454+.

I listed my reasons for going with a ContourHD: aiming lasers,
rotating lense, simplicity of use, weight, form factor, and color
of the case.

> If you decide you want to try a GoPro let us know and we can take
> care of you.

I tried both, and kept the CountourHD. See above for why.
I'm not referring to you specifically, I was generalizing product features for the price. Thank you for your opinion.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura about
Do you have recommendations for data loggers?

I am interested in CAN bus + GPS + G sensor data, preferably
using a single box rather than a mess of cables.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
DoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to all
EVS Motorsports,

Is the firmware out yet to allow you to flip the video so you can mount/hang the camera upside down?

Last edited by DoctaM3; 03-13-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by DoctaM3
EVS Motorsports,

Is the firmware out yet to allow you to flip the video so you can mount/hang the camera upside down?
I will check with my sales rep on Monday about this. We use Quicktime Pro to flip all of our videos currently.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
...has this become the new must have TS accessory yet Ted

Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by DJ
...has this become the new must have TS accessory yet Ted
DJ, it is looking that way. Helps all us enthusiasts document all the fun we are having!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Added new content to OP.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
DoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to all
No word on the firmware upgrade? Also no suddenly my camera wont record video :-(

Quick Reply: GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera/Camcorder