Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Highest mileage supercar ever recorded?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
There was a guy in Fl who KILLED milage on his Gallardo. He had over 200,000 miles in three years. I'll try to dig up the article. We also have a 996 Turbo with 275,000 that is local and we service. Our dealer forum had postings of him all over the country for oil changes.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^ That's awesome.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
I love the fact the the owner drives the heck out of his car, but I still dont think this test proves the reliability of the car/brand though.
I love it when people say stuff like, "Well i bought it last 3 months ago, and i put 5000 miles and so far its been reliable". Truthfully, how many cars regardless of the make, start showing serious problems at 5K, 10K or even 50K mi?
The best way to prove the reliability of a car to me would be between 50K-100K mi IMO.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
There's a french guy who had 286,000km on his Ferrari 512TR before selling it

Some Zonda had 140,000km several years back in eastern Europe (Mr Pagani was very proud of the miles and the fact that most maintenance was done at the local Benz dealer).

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Hi guys, I just want to put a couple of facts straight. First Simon George is not a journalist, he actually runs a bunch famous sandwich franchise shops. He just acts as a contributor to EVO magazine. The Lambo and its sister car are jointly owned with his business partner and both cars have to work for their living as they also run a track day experience company. So yes the cars are worked very hard.

The Zonda that has been mentioned is owned by the Evo magazine publisher and until recently editor, Harry Metcalf. Here is a pic of it:

Last edited by streetrod454; 11-28-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Thanks for the clarification.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Yep Harry got the C12 right after his 550 crapped out on him in London...

He has a great relationship w/Horacio Pagani - that C12 has been updated to the latest F spec on most of the mechanicals, brakes, wheels, etc. You can tell in that pic - it has the F wheels.

Evo is by far the best car mag in the world - all you ballers here better be subscribers. I've got all of them going back to issue 28 when the E46 M3 debuted! I do miss Jethro Bovingdon and Dickie Meaden writing in it though.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ag02m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ATL
No one at the office knows I have it so I can't dd it. lol
+1

And making it a daily driver would be like living in Hawaii. It would lose some of the wow factor that you get when you experience it on more special occasions. IMO of course.

If I had something even more awesome, say a Ferrari F40, then I'd be all for a Gallardo dd.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
iirc in London there is one guy who has ~180,000 miles on his Ferrari 360

Old 09-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
http://community.evo.co.uk/users/Pet...leggiest-Lambo

I've been doing some work for charity. Obviously I don't like to talk about it, but since it involved a supercar – and not just any supercar but a genuine evo hero car – I thought I'd share it with you.
It all came about because I'd agreed to provide a ride in a supercar as a prize in the village football club raffle (they're raising funds for a new pavilion). Anyway, the draw was held and the prize was won by a local chap called Jon Walker. When I asked if he had any preference, he said he quite liked Astons but what he really wanted a ride in was a Lamborghini. Good choice. Now all I had to do was find one.

Fortunately we know a bloke called Simon George. He's been a contributor to evo for years, writing about various supercars which clock up unfeasibly big mileages, largely in the hands of the general public at the Sixth Gear Experience trackdays that he runs with his business partner. And none has clocked up a more gargantuan mileage than SG54 LAM, the first-generation Murcielago that first appeared in the pages of evo back in 2004 and recently passed an incredible 160,000 miles. It's probably the world's highest mileage Lamborghini.
Simon, being the good egg that he is, kindly agreed to let me borrow the Murci for a weekend so that I could fulfil my charity duties. It was of course a wonderful opportunity to get re-acquainted with a car I've been lucky enough to drive before, and which is still, in my view, one of the world's most spectacular and special supercars. But how would a 160,000-mile Lambo feel? Would it be a gigantic disappointment?

Well, the first thing to say is that it still looks absolutely stunning. And it's still an event to pop the scissor door, slip into that absurdly low and laid-back driver's seat and hear the starter motor whirr for several seconds before the 6.2-litre V12 erupts. For the first few minutes, though, it really did feel every one of those 160,000-plus hard-driven miles. There were myriad squeaks and creaks and rattles, and over sharp bumps there was a loud bang from somewhere just behind my back like something large and possibly quite important was loose. Then there was the heavy steering and the slightly recalcitrant gearshift, especially until it had warmed through. But boy, it's still got the force. Open the taps all the way in second or third and it hammers forward mightily. Ordinary mortal cars just can't live with it. Confidence quickly grows and after half an hour you find yourself driving it like a sports car - just a wider, lower one with a 6.2-litre V12 roaring away inches from your back. It's hard work, you sometimes feel the masses moving around in a way that tells you not to take any liberties, and you really do have to drive it, but it's totally engaging and hugely characterful. Jon Walker absolutely loved it. We took it round to his brother's house. His dad had a ride in it too. Lots of photos were taken. Some cars just have this star quality, and Simon's Murcielago has it in spades.

Quick Reply: Highest mileage supercar ever recorded?