Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Diecast Lamborghini Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Diecast Lamborghini Models

Hello Everyone!

I am very interested in buying either a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 1/18th Scale or a Reventon 1/18th Scale.

I have been looking around have have found that the AutoArt models look VERY good which are about $115. Yet i have also seen some nice ones by Maisto which are about $70, does any one here now what difference there is? (Visually i can see that the AutoArt is more detailed but is it worth the extra $45

Here are some pics of the AutoArt Lamborghini Reventon.

One more thing does any one think that i should wait for a Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV model if this comes out.....

Attached Images        

Last edited by B4rad; 09-04-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Maisto does not even come close to comparing to AutoArt. Incorrect size, proportions, wheel offsets, cheap looking bits, they're just 45$ Wal Mart models.

Some will probably disagree with me, but I find AutoArt to be comparable to 300$ models. At 100$ (give or take) they are a bargain and superb quality.

Heck I forked out a couple hundred bucks for a 1:12 Murcielago from AutoArt and find it totally worth it.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Autoart is the best in the biz by far. This is coming from someone who has over 60 1/18th diecast cars (25 Porsches).

I know, its an addiction. I've admitted it and that's the first step!

Last edited by "The JC"; 09-05-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Look at the detail down to the CF in the engine compartment. I'm ordering a black SL model!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to allMelloYelloMurcie is a name known to all
Thumbs up

In that range of models, Autoart is WAAAY better than Maisto in terms of proportion to scale and detail and for the price you can't go wrong~In the somewhat same category and price range, also try Tamiya and Kyosho because even those are better than Maisto~ I have been collecting scaled models for quite some time now and have some super detailed BBR's, custom hand built models and other Italian brands of the 1/43 scale models and those are SUPER detailed~

Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
MapleCars is an unknown quantity at this point
I got one too, but my dad smashed it 3days ago because I decided not to take a bath....
Here some pic of mines, before it's broken.

Last edited by MapleCars; 09-05-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Autoart is definately the way to go if you have the extra money to spend. I personally have the 1/18th Superleggera in Gray and Yellow from Maisto, and for the price I paid they are definately decent models. I got mine for $14.99 each at Costco last Christmas season and I'm sure they will have them again this year.
For my favorite cars I would by Autoart though

Old 09-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
Yami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zorro
Maisto does not even come close to comparing to AutoArt. Incorrect size, proportions, wheel offsets, cheap looking bits, they're just 45$ Wal Mart models.

Some will probably disagree with me, but I find AutoArt to be comparable to 300$ models. At 100$ (give or take) they are a bargain and superb quality.
x2....love autoart