Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

My first ticket in the SL - read this story (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orlando333
ATL -- he pulled you over because he could not understand why you had those Honda Accord like rims on an SL
Kill.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Dont even get me started on these kind of stories...
Im black.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ced
Dont even get me started on these kind of stories...
Im black.
Lol I know Exactly what you mean...it's almost an everyday, mandatory encounter

Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
at the comments. Tint is off and I agree, it does look better. The SL wheels are going on this week. Badges can't be removed, the clear bra was done around the badges, they were installed by the dealer.

I keep replaying the situation in my head but, I need to get over it and not let this ruin my fun. The ticket was dropped after my "friend" called him up so now I just have this story and a yellow carbon copy as a souvenir.

Just call me the mailman.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Best advice I can give, (having had a few run ins with coppers and cops chasing us via police helicopter also making Youtube and 3 different news stations and getting a blockade of 15 cops converging on us to shut down the highway in Orlando)

Respect and humor goes a long long way. (Especially when you have a female cop, I did by an act of God. (Referring to the scenario I described above) My other friends were not so lucky. )

I ALWAYS ALWAYS pull over immediately, roll down BOTH driver and passenger windows for two reasons:

1) I have illegal tint and don't want the cop to see it
2) Show him I have nothing to hide

On top of that, immediately when I get pulled over I turn off my car / radio etc. and put both of my hands on the outside driver's panel outside my window to show the cop that I don't have anything in my hands (weapons and things) It may not necessarily be something everyone does but if I was the cop it would make me a whole lot more comfortable to walk up to my car knowing that the driver isn't loading a gun or getting a switch blade from underneath his car.

But that's just me, it's worked for me. And oh yeah, "Yes, sir!" "No, sir!" seems to work quite well too.

Enjoy the new car!!!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Tints off look great, and the OEM wheels will make it look even better. Like others have said before Yes sir and No sir are all that should be said. Remember he can arrest you for nothing and then it will get dropped or thrown out ,but you were still in jail for some amount of time and that definitly sucks.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sucks to hear but at least you got it taken care of

Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Popped your cherry....

Have fun now that you got the first time out of the way.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
the badges look great keep them and put the stock rims on but have them painted matte black!

Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, what a shitty experience. At least now you know your wife will be safe now that you removed the tint from the tail lights...

Quick Reply: My first ticket in the SL - read this story (long)