Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Murciélago LP670-4 SV Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Nikki Beach? Mo will know.

What are the chubby funsters doing in the pic??
Yup

Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by B4rad
You have been a member for 2 years and this is your first ever post...
It is interesting that you noticed this because I was surfing the web and came across this thread and in doing so wanted to view the pictures particularly when reference to my gal #60 were made however I needed to sign in first at which time I began the register and was promptly made aware that I had done so a couple years ago.

I was likely directed to a thread a couple years ago which one I do not recall after which this forum slipped under my proverbial radar. I spent time last night looking through the forum and enjoyed the time spent and will visit more often.

Now as for the SV; IMO as stunning as the pictures are they do not do the gals justice. Up close and personal the gals look wicked and once brought to life leave no doubt that they want to be exercised/play.

Unlike Roy I have not exercised my gal very much yet; in fact I am still in the initial break in stages during which (per Lamborghini) no RPMs above 4000; then at 500 miles I get another 1000 RPM or better put a maximum of 5000 RPM and then at 940 miles another 1000 RPM for a maximum of 6000 RPM and then finally at 1250 miles the full symphony can be brought on line as her legs are then finally able to be fully stretched.

This gal is an E-gear and as much as the early E-gear gals frustrated me I found that the LP640 was very enjoyable and then the operation of the E-gear within the SV is phenomenal; it is crisp, smooth, and extremely quick. Yes I enjoy the clanging of the gated shifter however IMO for this gal the E-gear suits her personality very well.

As a closing comment; I find it interesting that when these gals were presented from Lamborghini that only 5 colors plus two matt versions would be placed on these gals with only a few additional cost options such as NAV, camera, fire bottle, interior SV carbon, wing option, and then one could elect to have the standard seats in place of the carbon fiber seats and or the 6 speed in place of the E-gear with no change in solicited cost however the rainbow of colors appear to have become available; personally I wish that this had not become the case.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited by Shadowman; 11-07-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadowman
It is interesting that you noticed this because I was surfing the web and came across this thread and in doing so wanted to view the pictures particularly when reference to my gal #60 were made however I needed to sign in first at which time I began the register and was promptly made aware that I had done so a couple years ago.

I was likely directed to a thread a couple years ago which one I do not recall after which this forum slipped under my proverbial radar. I spent time last night looking through the forum and enjoyed the time spent and will visit more often.

Now as for the SV; IMO as stunning as the pictures are they do not do the gals justice. Up close and personal the gals look wicked and once brought to life leave no doubt that they want to be exercised/play.

Unlike Roy I have not exercised my gal very much yet; in fact I am still in the initial break in stages during which (per Lamborghini) no RPMs above 4000; then at 500 miles I get another 1000 RPM or better put a maximum of 5000 RPM and then at 940 miles another 1000 RPM for a maximum of 6000 RPM and then finally at 1250 miles the full symphony can be brought on line as her legs are then finally able to be fully stretched.

This gal is an E-gear and as much as the early E-gear gals frustrated me I found that the LP640 was very enjoyable and then the operation of the E-gear within the SV is phenomenal; it is crisp, smooth, and extremely quick. Yes I enjoy the clanging of the gated shifter however IMO for this gal the E-gear suits her personality very well.

As a closing comment; I find it interesting that when these gals were presented from Lamborghini that only 5 colors plus two matt versions would be placed on these gals with only a few additional cost options such as NAV, camera, fire bottle, interior SV carbon, wing option, and then one could elect to have the standard seats in place of the carbon fiber seats and or the 6 speed in place of the E-gear with no change in solicited cost however the rainbow of colors appear to have become available; personally I wish that this had not become the case.

Takes care

Shadowman

I agree with you on the colors. About 2 months into production, Lambo said they would take special order colors on the car...I think mainly due to econemy and the desire to sell out all 350 cars...which as it stands now, wont happen...more like 290-300 tops.

Any Lambo color can be had for approx $8k in upgrade charge, some colors more of course. Had this been the case when I got mine, I owuld have elected to get one in Either 2001 6.0SE Gold or 1994 SE30 Purple..

I still may, but have not made a final decision on it yet.

OH, and you are 110% correct...these are just wonderful cars than can ONLY be appreciated after live view and drivin.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I agree with you on the colors. About 2 months into production, Lambo said they would take special order colors on the car...I think mainly due to econemy and the desire to sell out all 350 cars...which as it stands now, wont happen...more like 290-300 tops.

Any Lambo color can be had for approx $8k in upgrade charge, some colors more of course. Had this been the case when I got mine, I owuld have elected to get one in Either 2001 6.0SE Gold or 1994 SE30 Purple..

I still may, but have not made a final decision on it yet.

OH, and you are 110% correct...these are just wonderful cars than can ONLY be appreciated after live view and drivin.
Thank you for the comments and the information as shared regarding the colors; I liked the fact that the gals were to be unique in every way and yet understand the economic drive to sell the gals. Now given the opportunity to select a color would I have been drawn to another; maybe however the yellow on my gal is stunning and frankly your white gal presents all of her character extremely well. Having said this early SE purple would be fricken nice too.

Now as a side note; IMO the very cool OEM carpets in the SV are subject to extreme wear because of the custom perforated Alcantara strip as such I worked with a fellow to create some custom mats that I feel are befitting of these gals.

Let me know your thoughts

Takes care

Shadowman

Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadowman
Thank you for the comments and the information as shared regarding the colors; I liked the fact that the gals were to be unique in every way and yet understand the economic drive to sell the gals. Now given the opportunity to select a color would I have been drawn to another; maybe however the yellow on my gal is stunning and frankly your white gal presents all of her character extremely well. Having said this early SE purple would be fricken nice too.

Now as a side note; IMO the very cool OEM carpets in the SV are subject to extreme wear because of the custom perforated Alcantara strip as such I worked with a fellow to create some custom mats that I feel are befitting of these gals.

Let me know your thoughts

Takes care

Shadowman
Those look great. I have put my to a lot of use so far, in and out, rain, bad weather etc etc..and so far no more wear or tear as I would have thought as well..

Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Those look great. I have put my to a lot of use so far, in and out, rain, bad weather etc etc..and so far no more wear or tear as I would have thought as well..

Thank you and the data point is great to know; I was a bit anxious about the Alcantara portion of the OEM carpet.

When time permits update the thread with your trip to SF; you must be there or very close.

All the best

Shadowman

Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I had the privilege to see one in the flesh on the road. Granted it was dark outside but it was beautifully crafted.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning combo.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
I know that this is far from a great picture and yet she is out in all of her glory

Shadowman

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting view.

Quick Reply: Murciélago LP670-4 SV Picture Thread