Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

06 Gallardo vs 08 R8 - for $110k - I need advice (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Meh . . .

Old 06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I don't know...I'm in OC and the G is pretty played out, IMO...personally, I would go for the R8...but that's probably because I watched Iron Man this weekend...
I'm going to go against the grain here as well...

It's not that I think it's played, it's just that I've driven the R8 and I can assure you it is BAD ASS. I am sure plenty of guys may have driven both and disagree with me and that's cool it's just my opinion and I don't know it all.

If you want the G, get it. Honestly (and I never thought I'd say this) if I am ever in a similar position I may consider the R8. I've never been totally in love with the Gallardo though. I know what Dana is saying, even sitting in an Italian car is unreal.

I was completely overwhelmed with the R8 in a good way - I couldn't believe it. The 6 speed, the sound which is awesome if you ask me, everything.

Have you driven both? And maybe it doesn't matter but does Lamborghini have a CPO program?

For what it's worth!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
How about a CLK63 BS It is white, in mint condition and being offered for sale by a fellow TS member. IMHO it has just as much presence as a G, just in a different way. It says "get the F out of my way before my car eats your car" whereas the G says "look at me, I'm flashy and trendy"

https://teamspeed.com/forums/automob...483-miles.html

Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
How about a CLK63 BS It is white, in mint condition and being offered for sale by a fellow TS member. IMHO it has just as much presence as a G, just in a different way. It says "get the F out of my way before my car eats your car" whereas the G says "look at me, I'm flashy and trendy"

The CLK63 BS makes absolutely no statement whatsoever. You have to really know cars before you even realize it is anything other than a run-of-the-mill MB.

It is a bad ass car and I love it. But it is not a statement car.

If you are going for "sleeper" then the CLK63 BS is a great car. But beyond enthusiasts, it will not turn a single head.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
The CLK63 BS makes absolutely no statement whatsoever. You have to really know cars before you even realize it is anything other than a run-of-the-mill MB.

It is a bad ass car and I love it. But it is not a statement car.

If you are going for "sleeper" then the CLK63 BS is a great car. But beyond enthusiasts, it will not turn a single head.
Run of the mill CLK

CLK63 BS

I'll admit that it is no red Ferrari, but it is hardly "run of the mill" When it comes to statement cars, one should consider exactly what statement they are actually making......

Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute

I love the CLK BS and have thought about it but like Dana said it doesn't deliver the "exotic" punch that even the R8 does. Plus it doesn't come in a 6MT.

What kind of statement does a G make? Depends on the color.

Orange = look at me!
Verde Ithaca = stare at me!
White = I'm not showing off I promise! <-- ok maybe that's just me

Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Originally Posted by ATL
I love the CLK BS and have thought about it but like Dana said it doesn't deliver the "exotic" punch that even the R8 does. Plus it doesn't come in a 6MT.

What kind of statement does a G make? Depends on the color.

Orange = look at me!
Verde Ithaca = stare at me!
White = I'm not showing off I promise! <-- ok maybe that's just me
This is the statement car I hope to own someday soon. Hopefully in the next year or two. To me, this car says "this is a bad ass car that you or anyone else would be afraid to drive, but I can handle it easily "

Old 06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
This is the statement car I hope to own someday soon. Hopefully in the next year or two. To me, this car says "this is a bad ass car that you or anyone else would be afraid to drive, but I can handle it easily "

You really should try to do better than a kit car.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Seriously. Change it.
^^^^^^
I wouldn't exactly call a Superformance Cobra a "kit car". I see your point, but original 427 Cobras are in the $250-$500k range and even if I could afford one, I would be afraid to take it out on the road. Superformance Cobras are extremely well designed and built, and they come as a fully assembled rolling chassis, not as a "kit car" as you described.

Give me a $110k budget and I would put a $50k motor/tranny combo in a $45k Superformance 427 Cobra rolling chassis with $15k in upgrades and "sorting out" costs. I would end up with a 700hp, aluminum big block beast that was at home on the track, the drag strip or cruising around wine country on a sunny afternoon. What can I say? I like my cars to be "old school" and I love the sound of thunder coming out of the pipes. Maybe that's why I love Can Am cars and vintage racing so much. I don't care too much for new cars, but if I had to spend $110k on a newer model car, it would be a GT2 or a GT3, not a Ferrari or a Lambo.

If we all liked the same thing, TS wouldn't be such a great place to post

Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Eric, considering how much you love those McLaren Can-Am cars, I could definitely see you in the Ultima Can-Am as well.

It seems right up your alley and with the proper engine, it would destroy the Cobra in every regard. You could easily build one with the same budget at the Cobra too. Heck, I'd even help you!

Quick Reply: 06 Gallardo vs 08 R8 - for $110k - I need advice (long)