Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

lp560 lease or financing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
akr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the rough
wow, lots of 50/50 but they all make sense lol.

Here is the story, I dont have much money in the bank im 21 years old (i know im young to drive a car like this, but cars are my vice), but my family is loaded. I could ask my dad to pay for it, but I don't want to ask him to please my adolescent retardation. he has to take care of my family, and he is always helping out other family members financially. Thats why I dont want to bother him for something that is not a complete necessaty for me, while people in this economy are starving for food. Its just that the lambo car is cocaine to me, i cant get it out of my head, hence why I wanted to lease, because this would come out of my pocket.

I was scared to give my r8 as a down payment, it didnt seem right thats why I wanted more information from people that would know better. from the look of it, thats what almost everyone thinks too. I however still am not sure what to do, but appreciates everyone for helping me get a clearer picture on the matter

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akr8
Here is the story, I dont have much money in the bank im 21 years old (i know im young to drive a car like this, but cars are my vice), but my family is loaded. I could ask my dad to pay for it, but I don't want to ask him to please my adolescent retardation ... because this would come out of my pocket.
Thank you for being honest about your fortuitous circumstances!

Did you pay for the R8 by yourself? If so I would assume that you have substantial income to get the Lambo unless circumstances have changed. Why not wait 6-12 months and pick one up used? Lamborghinis have terrible residual values.

Case in point - People are buying used Gallardos (the older model years) for around the $100 K range (+- 10 %) frequently; contemporary F430s are nowhere near that range and there are even F360s that are going for more!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
akr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the rough
know the r8 was already in my family, it was given to me when they got tired of it... like I said money wise I have no issues. I just dont want to be like all the other people that lost their wealth because of poor decisions, but I understand about waiting, question is, if the lambos are horrible at holding their residual why would i want to buy one, even if it is used

Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
trade the R8 to Roy for a 560 and work out the financing for the diff.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

if the lambos are horrible at holding their residual why would i want to buy one, even if it is used
That's for YOU to decide. Not me.

Unfortunately.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
know the r8 was already in my family, it was given to me when they got tired of it... like I said money wise I have no issues. I just dont want to be like all the other people that lost their wealth because of poor decisions, but I understand about waiting, question is, if the lambos are horrible at holding their residual why would i want to buy one, even if it is used
First of all, Lucky you! given an R8 because someone else got tired of it haha nice.

second, i personally wouldnt buy or lease a lambo just because they're horrible at holding value and because if i had the money i would just buy a scud . i mentioned earlier that cars are generally bad investments because they depreciate a lot and quickly (duh) but you obviously know and understand that so... The point im making is that ALL cars depreciate (with exception to a few collector types) and because you appear to have the money as well as the desire for a lambo, the depreciation shouldnt really bother you.

The benefit to buying a slightly used one is you are getting a like-new Lambo for way less than the sticker price on a brand new lambo.. see what i'm getting at? You'll ultimately lose money on it, but if you buy one with say 5-10k miles on it and pay only 75% (sorry if my numbers are way off.. i just haven't kept up with the lambo market of late) of the sticker price on a new car you're saving 25%.

Originally Posted by Guest
That's for YOU to decide. Not me.

Unfortunately.
tell me about it.

Last edited by STLG; 05-23-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
trade your R8 on this car and put a 560 bumper on it!

Cats Exotics - 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo - Everett, Washington

Old 05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
trade your R8 on this car and put a 560 bumper on it!

Cats Exotics - 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo - Everett, Washington

Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
we already own a scud lol.

I dont want to buy a lambo for an investment. I just want to buy one so that I can enjoy it. thats where im a little bothered... ill look for a used one and see whats going on... if you guys know of any good used one, relay it please!

who is roy.... sry im new here as you can see

Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Roy Cats, wholesale Lambo dealer. he is sponser here and many other exotic boards. hes the man for Lambos

Exotic Car Dealership Specializing in Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche - Serving Seattle, WA

call him and tell him what you wanna do, he will make some type of deal happen if your serious

Quick Reply: lp560 lease or financing?