Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

lp560 lease or financing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
akr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the rough
lp560 lease or financing?

hey guys,

I am looking to sell my r8 or trade it in (paid for). I was wondering if doing a lease was a good idea instead of financing. Now i should probably get 100,000 for my car, and probably negotiate a price around 210,000 for the lp560

can you gys tell me if this is a good idea to do that. why or why not?
and what am i looking to pay, I had a quote of +/- 1000 a month online, but the guy at a leasing company with lambo, quoted around 2gs

Old 05-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Let's restart this thread. Fellas, if you can legitimately help the OP, please do. Otherwise, there's no need for snide remarks.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akr8
hey guys,

I am looking to sell my r8 or trade it in (paid for). I was wondering if doing a lease was a good idea instead of financing. Now i should probably get 100,000 for my car, and probably negotiate a price around 210,000 for the lp560

can you gys tell me if this is a good idea to do that. why or why not?
and what am i looking to pay, I had a quote of +/- 1000 a month online, but the guy at a leasing company with lambo, quoted around 2gs
dont do it!

r8 >>>>>>>> lp560

otherwise, i can be of no assistance to you as i know nothing about financing.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
lol r8>lp560 ? no way....r8 is a piece of shit compared to the lp560

Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, Leasing a car = Renting a car.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Vanq
IMHO, Leasing a car = Renting a car.
And considering the massive depreciation on Lambos, that's not an especially bad thing.

Kind of depends on your intentions with the car. If you want to play with it for two years and then get something else, the lease makes sense so long as you're not planning on driving it much beyond the mileage allowance. If you're going to keep it for more than, say, five years, finance the balance.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
akr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the roughakr8 is a jewel in the rough
exactly, I dont like keeping cars for more than 2 years, my r8 hasnt gone even 2 years yet. I like to change cars, since they always have newer and better cars coming out. Its just that I was wondering if I was getting into something that was a bad idea without fully realizing every possible outcome. I am after all pretty much giving my car as a down payment, which is what makes me wonder if this is a good idea.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the "investment" of your paid-for car is going away in this situation no matter what. If you fork it over on a lease, it's gone when you return the car. If you fork it over as part of a finance arrangement, it's gone in a year or two once the depreciation takes its toll.

If you want to keep that money, buy a used Superleggera or something that some other guy has already taken the 100k hit on.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
yea I understand. I thought of the superleggera, but the lp560 is the only lambo that actually did something for me

Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
2000/month for the 560? how much cap reduction? i would do that route in a heartbeat if the cap reduction were minimal. CA sales tax would be about $20k by itself that you would eat if you re-sold the car.

Quick Reply: lp560 lease or financing?