Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

2002 Lamborghini Murcielago

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
kaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond repute
2002 Lamborghini Murcielago

2002 Lamborghini Murcielago finished in Gloss Black over black interior with red stitching. Upgraded AVUS wheels, tinted windows, upgraded sound system, yellow calipers and just 16,750 miles (27k kms). New clutch installed by Factory Authorized Lamborghini dealer at 19k kms. Fully serviced and all campaigns complete.

Asking price: $144,888.00

Board price: $134,888.00 DELIVERED!

Call for more details!

Attached Images    
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Sick! Great price too...! Man i wish i had the bread for it

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Love the smoked tail lights and wheels

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
That is a great price. Love the red stictch and the 6-speed.

But it has a lot of miles on it for a Murci. Nice to see that the original owner actually drove it. But those Italian babes are high maintenance!

I have yet to see a used Lambo for sale at any mileage level - that hasn't had the clutch replaced. They really need to work on this.

She is purty though.

Last edited by Barrister; 10-15-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
kaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond reputekaoss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
That is a great price. Love the red stictch and the 6-speed.

But it has a lot of miles on it for a Murci. Nice to see that the original owner actually drove it. But those Italian babes are high maintenance!

I have yet to see a used Lambo for sale at any mileage level - that hasn't had the clutch replaced. They really need to work on this.

She is purty though.
I have to disagree with this one...I have 17,800 miles on my 03 Murcie still on the factory clutch. Car runs fantastic, pulls strong, and no problems. I can personally show you 20 plus Murcie's for sale in all ranges of mileage that have never had the clutch replaced, and that includes the E-gear cars. If you drive them correctly, the clutch will last a long, long time...recently sold Roy's Murcie with over 28k miles on the factory clutch, car now has 37k miles on the factory clutch and going strong.

16k miles for an 02 Murcie is nothing...the cars weren't meant to sit in a garage collecting dust. Less than 3k miles per year, way less than the national average.

In terms of high maintenance, I can tell you the Murcie I have is my 5th Lamborghini...short of oil changes, the ONLY maintenance my cars have required is a new battery, fluids, and throttle body cleaning. My Diablo's ran like a top and never had an issue at all with any of them (99 and 2001)...my 1st Murcie just needed fluids & some campaigns, total cost $1200.00. Second Murcie, total so far in the 15k miles I've owned it and 3 years...less than $5k. Lp640...not a dime on maintenance.

It's a common misconception that the cost of ownership is unbearable...which is not true. If the car was abused prior, then yes it can be expensive to get to a reliable level...but to say that all Italian cars are expensive to maintain, simply not true any more. Early Diablo's & Countach's, yes. Murcie's & Gallardos...drive the wheels off of them.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kaoss
I have to disagree with this one...I have 17,800 miles on my 03 Murcie still on the factory clutch. Car runs fantastic, pulls strong, and no problems. If you drive them correctly, the clutch will last a long, long time...
I'm curious - please explain what you believe "driving them correctly" entails.

I actually believe you - I think most owners abuse the clutch showing off from standing starts and stoplight racing but would like an answer from someone with a vast amount of experience, which you seem to have.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
The MAIN issue with these clutches is a two fold fact..

1) They get loaded and unloaded out of transport trucks, AND there is a big issue of abusing the clutch there..

2) The little mile ones are driven rarely and when they are, driven on a cold clutch plate they wear faster.

AND as far as in-correct operation...unlike other clutches...LAMBO should be started with the car OUT of GEAR and the clutch pedal RELEASED...saves on the throw outs...ALSO it SHOULD NOT exceed 3500 RPMS till the gear box is up to temp, as well as DO NOT use second gear till good temp, go 1st to third..AND ABOVE all DO NOT as I always see..SHIFT gears at high speeds with the acccelrator still punched and slap your clutch plate at 5-6000 RPMS...eats it right up..

My 2001 6.0 #19, over 30K orginal clutch
My 2003 Murcie over 37K now and orginal clutch
M7 2007 LP640 over 13K orginal clutch

It is in the driver...for the most part...not the parts.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kaoss
I have to disagree with this one...I have 17,800 miles on my 03 Murcie still on the factory clutch. Car runs fantastic, pulls strong, and no problems. I can personally show you 20 plus Murcie's for sale in all ranges of mileage that have never had the clutch replaced, and that includes the E-gear cars. If you drive them correctly, the clutch will last a long, long time...recently sold Roy's Murcie with over 28k miles on the factory clutch, car now has 37k miles on the factory clutch and going strong.

16k miles for an 02 Murcie is nothing...the cars weren't meant to sit in a garage collecting dust. Less than 3k miles per year, way less than the national average.

In terms of high maintenance, I can tell you the Murcie I have is my 5th Lamborghini...short of oil changes, the ONLY maintenance my cars have required is a new battery, fluids, and throttle body cleaning. My Diablo's ran like a top and never had an issue at all with any of them (99 and 2001)...my 1st Murcie just needed fluids & some campaigns, total cost $1200.00. Second Murcie, total so far in the 15k miles I've owned it and 3 years...less than $5k. Lp640...not a dime on maintenance.

It's a common misconception that the cost of ownership is unbearable...which is not true. If the car was abused prior, then yes it can be expensive to get to a reliable level...but to say that all Italian cars are expensive to maintain, simply not true any more. Early Diablo's & Countach's, yes. Murcie's & Gallardos...drive the wheels off of them.
I obviously do not have the experience that you have with these cars. I wish I did! Sounds like you have had a dream stable of cars and had some pretty good luck with them.

I have never owned an Italian exotic car. But I know about a dozen people who do. The satisfaction rate runs about 50/50. About half of them - like you - have no problems at all and wonder what the "cost of ownership" fuss is about. The other half have the car in the shop about once a month for something and are pulling their hair out. I have a very close friend who purchased a 2008 F430 in January and had it in the shop 7 times in 7 months. After the last time he had it in, he just sold it because he couldn't bear it any longer. Of course, he sold it for more than he paid!

I have heard that the Italian exotics don't do as well in California as they do in other climates. They don't like the climate here and tend to break down a bit more often. Some of my friends surmise that they thrive in climates that are closer to the Italian climate. That would make sense. But like I say, I don't have any first-hand experience with these cars so I am kind of talking out of my arse and repeating what I have heard at various meets, runs and track days.

Your opinion is of much greater value than mine. You actually own these cars and deal with them every day. But my experience - admittedly second hand and limited - honestly lead me to believe that your experiene may be exceptional. I very well may be very misinformed. Thanks for the very interesting first-hand information.

I actually hope that you are right. I hope to own several myself some day and would like them to run smoothly!

By the way, a couple of years ago the article linked to below became one of the most circulated and debated articles in the car world regarding the cost of ownership issue. You are probably familiar with it. If there is a "misconception" out there regarding how expensive it is to own and maintain an Italian exotic, this article went a long way to create and sustain it.

Sports Car Market Magazine > Can You Afford to Drive a Ferrari?

So I blame the press for my ignorance!

Last edited by Barrister; 10-16-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
solllddddddddd