Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

FS: 2011 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
I think your car is beautiful. However you are competing with the 991s. The leases on 991 are pretty aggressive. I have a pair of B18s on my MY13 BMW Gran Coupe may actually hurt the Porsche since the wheel is more of a BMW match than a P Car. JMHO.
Thanks for chiming in, but I'm afraid I can't agree with your logic about BMW match. I could turn those comments around and say: "I have B18s on my Porsche, so it's more of a match for a Porsche than a BMW." And while it's not representative per se, but the Modulare gallery for B18 actually has more Porsche examples than BMW.

And the B18 is actually a similar design to the BBS FI, which is standard on the 599 GTO with many examples of GT2s around to show. HRE, Vorsteiner, ADV.1 all have their similar styles as well. This design of wheel doesn't suit any brand/model from my perspective: it's just a good-looking, sporty wheel that works well with many different models. IMO, it's the best look for my 997, hence the reason I bought them.

At the end of the day, it's an aftermarket wheel that's meant to differentiate the look of the car while still having a relatively OEM look to it.

And the B18 is SO MUCH EASIER to keep clean than the OEM Spyder wheels...

I almost get your point about the 991 lease. But you can OWN a very well equipped 997 for less than what amounts to a long-term rental of a 991. I'll avoid the conversation about lease v own because there are MANY good reasons for both. But the 997 GTS probably has a much more specific target market as it has a harder edge to it than a 991S.

And from my perspective, this car is a great deal when compared to other GTS and C2S cars on the pre-owned market. I've done a lot of research as I don't want to be naive and price it inappropriately. The asking price is a little more than dealer trade offer but significantly less than retail prices on the market. When someone decides they want it, they'll be buying a fantastic car at a good price. Until then, I'm going to have a smile every time I drive it.