Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

It's Finally Here!! The all-new Twin-Turbo 2012 BMW 650i Convertible!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Wow that's nice. GLWS

Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Nice color combo and spec. Glws Geoff.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Insman
Very nice car, just sort of sad that twin turbo's are only producing 400 HP +/-. I know they are built more for longevity purposes, but seems like it should be running at least 500HP...
That would be too close to the expected output of the 'M' (555 to 600bhp) to merit the price delta (> $30k).

I've driven the X5 50i with 400bhp and it's remarkably similar (unless you're beating on it) to my X5M.

In this type of GT convertible, 400hp is probably the ticket. If not, for $3k, Dinan's tune increases HP to 500.

I'd happily drive this car around as-is. (and I like the kid-friendly back seat spacing).

Hmm..

Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIRISC
That would be too close to the expected output of the 'M' (555 to 600bhp) to merit the price delta (> $30k).

I've driven the X5 50i with 400bhp and it's remarkably similar (unless you're beating on it) to my X5M.

In this type of GT convertible, 400hp is probably the ticket. If not, for $3k, Dinan's tune increases HP to 500.

I'd happily drive this car around as-is. (and I like the kid-friendly back seat spacing).

Hmm..
Sounds like the perfect car for your stable to accompany your X5M! I agree, for a GT convertible, 400 is plenty and it makes good sense to do a Dinan kit if you need the extra hp. She's waiting for you on the showroom floor and ready for some for some open road driving!

Originally Posted by mtechnik
Nice color combo and spec. Glws Geoff.
Thanks Misha! I just saw the GT3 you put up on FB, looks awesome!

Originally Posted by Bennett
Wow that's nice. GLWS
Thanks Bennett!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Gotta turn up the boost!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by D.Liu
Gotta turn up the boost!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Saw one for the first time on the road last week... same color. The car looks stunning!