Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2013 Aston Martin DB9

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jonbkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
Can that really anything other than a regular DB9 under that camo? I can see a crease on the door that doesnt feature on the DB9, but apart from that - the same.
If you look at the last picture, the shut lines for the boot are very different to the DB9/Virage/S family. The opening for the boot at the back is not nearly as deep - it stops short of the numberplate on this spied car whereas on the existing cars, the shutline drops down deeper into the bumper and incorporates the plate

Then follow the boot line from the back towards the glass and you'll see it's quite a different path. I'm not disagreeing that overall I guess it will be quite similar, but there are definitely some changes going on there

Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
Yup your'e correct about that. Looks like its going to be very, very similar to the outgoing model - is this yet another DB9 facelift (surely not) or a completely new model?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
Yup your'e correct about that. Looks like its going to be very, very similar to the outgoing model - is this yet another DB9 facelift (surely not) or a completely new model?
I guess it depends what you or I may mean by facelift, which may be different to AM's definition of the term - the Virage is effectively the DB9's facelift by my definition and I don't say that in a negative way, I just think the marketing angle of it is a little mis judged

Maybe that was done just to protect the sale price of the last few DB9s.

Any DB9 replacement would go up in price from it's predecessor in which instance it would surely be too closely priced to the Virage which will still be around in a yr or two as it;s only just out

So for me, the Virage is the DB9 replacement and the car in the photos could be a DBS replacement/facelift ? IMO the car in the photos has an aggressive rear spoiler for something that fits at the bottom of the 2+2 range

Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Of course the other alternative is that this is a Virage S, a la the supposed new Rapide S, allowing the DBS to move that much more upmarket and powerful, maybe by increasing engine size to 6.7ish

That means they then have a 2 model 2+2 line-up which makes more sense than the current 3, just with 2 variants on one of them. That doesn't explain the new boot of course but the front end of the one in the photos, together with the headlights, do look very virage-esque

Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
excited for this...the DB9 is so boring looking atm...thank god for the DBS

Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to all
That front end reminds of the jaguar

Old 07-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jonbkay
If you look at the last picture, the shut lines for the boot are very different to the DB9/Virage/S family. The opening for the boot at the back is not nearly as deep - it stops short of the numberplate on this spied car whereas on the existing cars, the shutline drops down deeper into the bumper and incorporates the plate

Then follow the boot line from the back towards the glass and you'll see it's quite a different path. I'm not disagreeing that overall I guess it will be quite similar, but there are definitely some changes going on there
You're right Jonathan, I'd say the boot (trunk) looks to be a hatchback like the V8 Coupé? It looks very different to the DB9, though it seems to share some of the Virage front. This is a test mule, and the car will (hopefully) have quite a few extra visual changes to what we see here.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bruinne is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope it is not the DB9 S or the DB9 evo like Clarkson said...