Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Jag XJ, BMW 7, Merc S or Audi A8?
Jaguar XJ
14.93%
BMW 7 series
25.37%
Mercedes S class
32.84%
Audi A8
26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Jaguar XJ, BMW 7, Audi A8, Mercedes S

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turboholic
A8 with the 4.2 TDI engine.
Angiemobil...

Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
^ no it's def not a angiemobil
It's such a good allround car. So much torque, you can easily overtake anyone on the street. (4.2FSI and S8 are horrible lazy engines in comparison). Then, there's no other car you can drive really fast while still having just a 9-11 liter fuel consumptions. Drive it a normal you reach 8 liters / 100 kms. With a full tank your range is 1000 km. The interior is the best in class and it's comfy enough to travel for hours. Best sedan imho.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Damn!
800Nm at 1750 rpm - that`s badass!

sounds like we have an Audi guy in here...
do you drive one?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
Damn!
800Nm at 1750 rpm - that`s badass!

sounds like we have an Audi guy in here...
do you drive one?
It is not my car, but I drove it thousands of kilometers. To Italy, to Munich, to Frankfurt, to Switzerland (snowboarding), in winter, in summer, many Highspeed Autobahn runs, traveled with cruise controle and so on. So I know every aspect of that car and I really love it. D3 4.2 TDi, with an ABT tune to about 900 Nm (according to abt, and I believe that because the tuning was very noticeable).
I also did about 1000 km in an D3 S8 and D3 4.2FSI. Both lazy and "slow" cars (in comparison) in everyday traffic.

Last edited by Turboholic; 06-21-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Jag XJ Supersport.

The S is outdated. The A8 is a fantastic car let down by a weak engine. 7 is my second choice.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
XJ Portfolio.

A8 is my second choice, although is comfortable inside.
S-Class + 7 Series is a NO to me.