Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Jag XJ, BMW 7, Merc S or Audi A8?
Jaguar XJ
14.93%
BMW 7 series
25.37%
Mercedes S class
32.84%
Audi A8
26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Jaguar XJ, BMW 7, Audi A8, Mercedes S

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura aboutEASTPARK has a spectacular aura about
I ´m for maserati 4porte.......

Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Until the Estoque comes out,

Old 06-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned
mikey_bo0sts is an unknown quantity at this point
s class or 7 series

Old 06-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
OrangeOpti is an unknown quantity at this point
I would pick either the XJ or the 7 series.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
WFR22 is an unknown quantity at this point
To be honest, I didn't think many people would vote the XJ. Although, in my opinion, it is the best looking of the four, its not as good engine and performance wise. The S class is undoubtably the all time favourite. I had one as a taxi to the airport a few days back and spent the whole ride adjusting the seat. It was the most comfortable taxis, or rather limousines, I've ever been in.

EDIT: The 7 series got another vote whilst I was writing this. Oops.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I like that the XJ is relatively lightweight for the size and the interior is gorgeous. The A8 is cool for using an aluminum chassis and the quality of materials is by far and away the best of the bunch. The Mercedes seems to have the most old-school approach to luxury and I've never been a huge fan of the looks. I voted for the BMW because I think it's the best looking and it's actually pretty fun to drive for such a big sedan.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
After having piloted the XJ Supersport around the 'Ring, I can tell you it's a ridiculously planted, super quick beast that absorbs the bumps and turns like it's half the size.

A brilliant, brilliant car. Good looking, too.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Jaguar XJ - One of the best looking vehicles out - period. The entire car is flawless.

BMW 7 Series - IMO I liked the previous generation better but the new 7 Series is one hell of a car. I want an M7 but...

Audi A8 - Ridiculous level of fit and finish. The car is simply amazing. Biggest gripe is the front grille. It's pretty bland and uninspiring. I want an S8...

Mercedes - Benz S Class - The S-Class still turns my head every time I see it. Such a gorgeus car. The tweaks they did recently look fantastic. All around fantastic car.

My Pick? Audi A8, totally sleek and totally modern. Love the interior and love the exterior. Slap a W12 in the bay, throw some Carbon Ceramic Brakes on it, and you have my wallpaper for forever

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Normally I'm a Mercedes man, although I'm going to have to pass on the S-Class in this segment because of my age, I think 24yo is a little young for an S-Class.

The Jaguar is easily the best looking, and the Super sport version would give me the performance to go with the looks, although I don't think they are there yet as far as fit, finish, quality, and technology.

The A8 is beautiful and has the fit, finish, quality, and technology not to mention a beautiful interior; although it lacks in the performance department (there is no S8, and I'm assuming we're comparing the standard models) Not too many people have the A8 which it also has in it's favor.

The 750li (or 760) with the m-tech sport package and TV's in the rear would have to be my choice. It's an almost perfect mix of all of the above noted categories. I also think an M-Tech 7 could be age appropriate for a 24yo where the S and A8 aren't.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised everyone like the weird rear end of the Jag. I am not a total hater but it's definitely odd and the reason that I would take the Audi.

Has the hatch looking rear like the Panny.

Although this pic makes the car!!

Quick Reply: Jaguar XJ, BMW 7, Audi A8, Mercedes S