Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Drove XF Supercharged today

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Drove XF Supercharged today

So with my (I hope) pending move to the UAE coming up, I wanted to test drive a car I've read and heard a lot about as a potential company car: the XF-S. I like they way they look, even after they tamed it a bit from the concept. What I wasn't sure of was whether the drive was good...

Here are my impressions:

1) It's very quick. It pulls with plenty of torque from way down low and revs through nicely. It's not as quick as my RS4, but then that's not why I would get one. The paddle shifts worked well and it does blip the throttle on downshifts.

2) It's very comfortable. The CATS suspension and the sport seats combine to give a really good ride on exceptionally crappy, potholed roads where I live. I imagine on the nice, smooth Dubai tarmac, it'd be a pleasure. Also, the interior is well-appointed with nice leather and soft-touch plastics everywhere. The car we tested was black w/spice seats and it had really nice color-matched stitching.

3) It's good value. Compared to a loaded E550 or 550i, it's a lot cheaper. I think it looks better, too.

4) Even my wife liked it!

I am going to negotiate for an allowance for a company car, with the XF-S as my target. I thought about going for a Range Rover or an A8, but this car is much less expensive and still would be a lot of fun. If you have the time and inclination, go test drive one - you might like it...

Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its a great car I would personally get a XJ8 its the stlye that I like for a English sedan, classic and vintage meets modern styling.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I like the XF S. Great choice. Although a Rover would be sweet over there . . .

Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Russ, I thought about a Range Rover, too... I could probably get an RR-SS, but it'd be a lot more than even the XF-S. I don't want to piss my company off too much with my "requests". I heard RRs are like Toyotas over there - EVERYWHERE!

Old 12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Demand a Ferrari. Everybody in Dubai got an enzo or an slr, so you should atleast get a measly 430.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Watch this space.
Ha ha, if only it worked that way. Who knows, they may have a Honda Fit (aka Jazz) with my name on it...

Old 12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Possible business move to Dubai?
Lucky you, I am jealous my man !