Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which car should I get?
Diamond White/Designo Porcelain/Piano Black
31.91%
Palladium Silver/Designo Black/Anthracite Poplar
68.09%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Need some input on the ML63 ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Good Choice Ed. Member ASG612 ditched his late model CTT and hasn't looked back either. I love the CTT but the MB has a better price point and for you made more sense.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Totally Marc - BTW - I'm in Boca until Friday on Business....
Anyway - Read an article in Car and Driver today and they too praised the ML63. I dont understand what the beef is about steering feel at high speeds. I happen to think the ML does (most) everything better than the P CTT -

I am still in love with the ML and I honestly look forward to driving it every day. It really is EXACTLY what a ridiculously powered SUV is supposed to be. The CTT is just trying too hard to be a sports car. I think I've said it before - if you are a single car person - A Cayenne is not a bad choice. If you are blessed with the ability to have options - A 911 and a ML63, to me, make a truly wonderful driving experience.

But then again - what do I really know :-)

I cannot reiterate how much I LOVE the exhaust note and feel of 560 torque. Yes, I look like 27 other moms when I drop my kids off for sports, but i dont give a crap what people think - I hope they think its just like their car. Discretion is the new bling -

FWIW - the Valet and Car Wash guy think my car is pretty cool :-)

Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
^ Thats why you like the G as well it doesn't want to be a sports car !

Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by asg612
Totally Marc - BTW - I'm in Boca until Friday on Business....
Anyway - Read an article in Car and Driver today and they too praised the ML63. I dont understand what the beef is about steering feel at high speeds. I happen to think the ML does (most) everything better than the P CTT -

I am still in love with the ML and I honestly look forward to driving it every day. It really is EXACTLY what a ridiculously powered SUV is supposed to be. The CTT is just trying too hard to be a sports car. I think I've said it before - if you are a single car person - A Cayenne is not a bad choice. If you are blessed with the ability to have options - A 911 and a ML63, to me, make a truly wonderful driving experience.

But then again - what do I really know :-)

I cannot reiterate how much I LOVE the exhaust note and feel of 560 torque. Yes, I look like 27 other moms when I drop my kids off for sports, but i dont give a crap what people think - I hope they think its just like their car. Discretion is the new bling -

FWIW - the Valet and Car Wash guy think my car is pretty cool :-)
That article also noted that the CTT was over 1 second slower to 100mph then the X5M and ML63. The CTT did get praises for its steering and handling which I also praised, but without an ecu tune and secondary cat bypass pipes, it really is underwhelming in power. Outside of my GT2, I prefer my cars to be more comfortable, and still very fast.