Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series will push 670-hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series will push 670-hp

Currently the range-topping SL AMG is the SL 65 which produces 604-hp from its V12 powered engine. However, that’s until big daddy SL 65 AMG Black Series shows up on the road which is already being called the most extreme Mercedes-Benz ever built. Better be if it’s going to be sharing components with the SLC. The car’s overall weight will be reduced by 570 pounds as compared the SL 65 AMG with the use of carbon fiber and a fixed roof instead of a folding hardtop.

InsideLine is claiming that the SL 65 Black Series will use the same 6.0L twin-turbo V12 from the SL 65 AMG but will be tuned to produce up to 670-hp. Torque, however, will be left untouched at 738 lb-ft. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission but will get two Sport shift programs with the second putting out quicker gear changes at 250 milliseconds. We expect to see the official car this summer with sales starting this fall. Price is expected to be more than $225,000 with no options and only 350 units will be built.

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
They're shedding weight and adding power! That's gonna be some serious cruiser and maybe even track beast. Go MB!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
interesting. not sure how i feel about a fixed roof SL

Old 04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
570 lb weight reduction

still looks hideous.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned
Club411 is an unknown quantity at this point
I will pick it up 18months old for 60k!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Thats really exaggerating Club411. Can you find a current clean SL65 for even $60k now??? If you can I like to buy them!

Last edited by EVS Motors Inc.; 04-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned
Club411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
Thats really exaggerating Club411. Can you find a current clean SL65 for even $60k now??? If you can I like to buy them!
05's at auction for high 70's with good miles

Thinking of trading the mas in for one for the summer..

Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Like every amg fast in a straight line but will this one finally handle? Not to crazy about the fixed roof either.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Club411
05's at auction for high 70's with good miles

Thinking of trading the mas in for one for the summer..
Like I mentioned earlier I think you were exaggerating quite a bit. You went from $60k to high $70s. I know what you meant, because they have gone down a lot from $200k. But, no way are they that cheap. I don't know what auction you are going to, but even high $70s sounds too cheap. The cars must be wrecked, high mileage, painted, maroon or gold in color. Don't believe everything you read, especially those Mannheim auctions listings. Very deceiving prices and cars, they usually aren't clean examples. Cars that go to auctions are cars that couldn't sell at the dealer, and for very good reason too!

I think you should get a SL65, they are probably one of the best daily drivers! Very subtle too, everyone won't realize your SL packs over 600HP and has enough power to overtake most Ferraris and Lambos!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:57 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I truly am astonished by the looks of the SL65BS. If there is one word to describe this car it would be muscular as it gave me the impression of older and wide cars of the 90's known for their powerful and torquey setups such as the Corvette C4 Grandsport, Porsche 928 GTS and so on.

The rear of this car so wide, if I would see it for the first time in a test track I would of thought it would pop a wheelie from the amount of power it has.

Well, Its going to be extremely expensive and will be fairly limited like the CLK63 BS and SLK55 BS. Whats on my mind is the tunning potential that can be done to this bad bay, I've got a feeling that the mid 800 levels is an easy task to get it to.