Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

So back in 2009 I visited the idea of building a Black Series Widebody Project for the SEMA show. After trying to work for months to source actual factory Mercedes Factory SL65 Black Series parts all I was left with was dead ends and no way to complete the project short of purchasing a real SL65 Black Series. This was my first failure to build a project vehicle for SEMA since iForged started attending the SEMA show in 2003 and I was quite depressed. Luckily for me I was able to collaborate with some great builders such as Mark Abate, Brian Fox, and Neil Tjin and together we built some great creations in 2009.

Fast forward to May 2010 and I was surprised to recieve a phone call from my good buddy Misha D. of Misha Designs. I have worked with Misha D. at Misha Wings on my last two Porsche projects. He makes some of the best aftermarket body panels on the market. I had discussed my interest to him about building a SL65 Black Series clone the previous year and he remembered these conversions. He told me about his plan to come out with his own widebody kit that would rival the Mercedes Black Series and sent me a few pictures of the rendering. I was immediately blown away with his concept and told him to put me down for a kit when he goes to production.

Misha Designs Widebody Kit Rendering Images

My previous plan had called upon building a 1000HP SL65. After reviewing my options I decided on purchasing a 2004 SL55 because of the high number of great deals and low mileage version available. I drove the car a few weeks completely stock as the Range Rover project was in the body shop and I was surprised on how easy the car was to drive. After making a few calls to my industry contacts I was able to strike a deal with a few sponsors to help with the expenses of this build.

Every Misha Designs Widebody SL is hand built to order. My kit was available for pickup on Monday. I immediately drove down to LA to pick up the parts and dropped it off at DTM Autobody to start the tear down process. I then called my good buddy Brian Fox of Fox Marketing and arranged for BASF to send some special paint for this project. I won’t revel yet what color we choose until later in the build, but the color will blow you guys away. Ivan at DCT Motorsports is providing me a custom SL65 carbon fiber steering wheel and a full carbon fiber interior trim to complement the carbon fiber accents on the Misha Designs Widebody Kit. Also the new iForged wheels will be a surprise until the last minute.

So thats it for now. I will be providing more updates periodically until the revealing at SEMA 2010 in the iForged Booth 48056 in the Wheels & Tire Section located in the South Hall.

2010 Project Partners

Fox Marketing
Misha Designs
BASF Paint
iForged Wheels
DTM Autobody
DCT Motorsports

Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see this!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
There is another car as well its Ricks SL600, I believe the SL55 will be matte black ? I've seen some pics on mbworld.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
oh lord

where is this body shop?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Car is currently at DTM Autobody in El Monte California getting the Misha Designs Widebody Kit installed. I will be heading over there tomorrow to take the final measurements so I can start building the custom iForged wheels.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Member

Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to allrockahula is a name known to all
how much?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Is it made of fiberglass?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe how dated the old SL looks, your kit will look phenomenal on it!!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Is it made of fiberglass?
Yes frp with carbon fiber accents.

Quick Reply: Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion