Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
damn, thats a lot of meat.......i wish i had sponsored tires too
can't wait to see the completed project.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Some more pictures from Lightwurkz of the headlight housings taken apart. In total there will be 16 leds in each headlight forming small rings of light around the highbeam and lowbeam, similar to the factory headlights on my Range Rover Fullsized.

Each led hole is drilled into the housing and then carefully installed by hand. Lightwurkz is using the smaller 3mm LEDs as the normal 5mm do not fit into the tight spaces of the SL Housing.

The pieces need one more color sand and buff and then another few coats of paint. After the parts are dry the headlight will be reassembled. I should have them back next Tuesday. I can't wait to see them in action.

Example of the leds on my Range Rover headlights

Old 10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
375's!! This is going to be one awesome car!

subscribed.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
With 3 weeks before the main event SEMA in Las Vegas the SL Widebody Project build is in full force. The custom headlights took one day longer to complete and will arrive back at DTM Autobody on Tuesday. The team over at Lightwurkz in San Francisco did an absolutely amazing job with the headlights and I am so happy we could fit this important piece of the puzzle to the build. The body work is coming along as scheduled.

The rear quarter panels on both drivers and passengers side have been cut and the widebody rear fenders have been attached. The underneath wheel wells have been formed and welded. The molding of the rear trunk lid and resurfacing of the trunk shape have begun and will be finished in the upcoming week. When completed the trunk will look like one uniform piece with a raised whale tail hanging off the original OEM Mercedes SL trunk lid.

As soon as the headlights return to DTM Autobody, They will start fitting the front end and start the final adjustments to the body. A few days of body shaping will allow the SL to be ready for primer and paint. DTM Autobody is on schedule to finish 1 week ahead of the show so we can drop off the car at Hyevon Motors for engine upgrades and installation of the DCT Motor Sports Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel and Interior Kit.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
More Pics

Old 10-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
I love custom projects like this! Nice!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
i think its still a ridiculous idea...your not gonna put black series badges on it are u?

Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by vdubpower
i think its still a ridiculous idea...your not gonna put black series badges on it are u?
It not a black series so I will not be putting a black series badge on it. The kit does not even look the same as the stock Black Series replica that everyone else is selling.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, can't wait to see this project done!

Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like the Range Rover esque l.e.d style on the headlights, where can I get those it would look nice if I retrofit them on my car.

Quick Reply: Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion