Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, first off, I have to say I've been lurking around the teamspeed forums for quite a while now, but never really felt the need to register. When I saw your build project though, I immediately thought to myself "now THAT is a project!" The level of customization you have put into this is nothing short of amazing. I always respect fine work, and in this case, this is some damn fine work. The shop that is doing the body work definitely seen to know what they are doing, as I know how hard it can be, and with deadlines on top of that? My hat's off to them, and all the other people who participated in your project. But most of all, hats off to you, for having the balls to tackle on such a challenge. To the people who said they don't see the point, "so it's gonna be just like an sl65 black series but slower?" have you ever heard of exclusivity? Who cares if it's slower in the 1/4 mile and laps the nurburgring slower? It still is a fast car, and I don't suppose the purpose of this project was to build mighty horsepower.The pride you will have when all is said and done, and when you get to finally drive it will be beyond what you would feel if you "just" went out and bought the real car. Much respect.

Last edited by samuel.g; 10-22-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:36 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 10-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by samuel.g
Ok, first off, I have to say I've been lurking around the teamspeed forums for quite a while now, but never really felt the need to register. When I saw your build project though, I immediately thought to myself "now THAT is a project!" The level of customization you have put into this is nothing short of amazing. I always respect fine work, and in this case, this is some damn fine work. The shop that is doing the body work definitely seen to know what they are doing, as I know how hard it can be, and with deadlines on top of that? My hat's off to them, and all the other people who participated in your project. But most of all, hats off to you, for having the balls to tackle on such a challenge. To the people who said they don't see the point, "so it's gonna be just like an sl65 black series but slower?" have you ever heard of exclusivity? Who cares if it's slower in the 1/4 mile and laps the nurburgring slower? It still is a fast car, and I don't suppose the purpose of this project was to build mighty horsepower.The pride you will have when all is said and done, and when you get to finally drive it will be beyond what you would feel if you "just" went out and bought the real car. Much respect.
Samuel,
I am so glad that this project made you decide to write your first post on Teamspeed.com I have been building project cars for the last 14 years of my life. I build the cars the way I want, because I think everyone has their own vision for what they want their perfect car to look like. After the engine modifications the SL55 will be very close to power as the SL65 stock. Of course once you tune the SL65 its another ball game.

Welcome to the club fellow car enthusiast. This is what the forums were created for to share the modifications of cars.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
IFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud ofIFORGED has much to be proud of
Sick just Sick!!!!

Just received pictures from Ivan at DCT Motorsports of the custom SL63 Steering wheel he did for me with silver stitching and carbon fiber on the top and the bottom.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
wow sick steering wheel!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 11:30 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the welcome DJ and IFORGED, it's great to join such a group of enthusiasts. IFORGED you are very right about every person having a different vision of their perfect car, and it's always fun to see someone stick to it and make it come true. Be sure to post pics once the car is done, the new wheels will completely change the whole look of the car.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
alan6888hk is an unknown quantity at this point
This is gonna be amazing. Subscribed!

Old 10-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
great thread, this is turning out to be a monster build.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
Went to see the car yesterday at DTM Autobody and my mouth dropped when I saw the color in person. I wish I could really show the true color of the paint with my camera but I just can't capture it. The BASF Glasurit Liquid Metal paint in person is just AMAZING!!!! The paint is so fine that it seems like the entire car was formed out of a single piece of stainless steel.

The Racemesh grille complements the aggressive angular openings of the Misha Designs front bumper. Behind each Racemesh grille we installed an 8 LED driving light unit. DTM Autobody had up to 6 guys working on the car on Saturday. I was there for about 5 hours just observing and watching them work on the project with awe. All the workers were just as amazed as I with the way the paint shimmered. I had the calipers stripped, and repainted BASF Glasurit Mclaren Orange and applied a JDM Chrome Brembo vinyl sticker custom made by Instyle Graphics before shooting the calipers with another few coats of amazing BASF Glausrit Clear.

The interior project is on schedule as well. Currently all the pieces removed from the car are either completed or almost finished. It helps that Top Stitch Upholstery is located only 3 miles from the body shop. I called Anthony over there today and he has guys working overtime tonight just to get everything finished in time.

The car is schedule to be picked up Tuesday from DTM Autobody and will head to its final journey before SEMA. Hyevon Motorsports will then start the work on the engine as well as help with a few more surprise last minute car mods that just got overnighted. On Saturday Emergency Hookers will pick up the car from Hyevon in Huntington Beach and it will begin the 270 miles trip to Vegas to be unveiled in front of the crowd at SEMA 2010.

Here are some pictures below of my Saturday Adventure at DTM Autobody.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Member

Quick Reply: Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion