Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Speccing my G55 next week, any out of the ordinary options I should know about?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Is it really that bad? I love the looks, but I want typical german quality. This sounds like a DIY POS.
It's an Austrian Puch really...
I liked a lot the looks and mainly the sound and the relative rarity at the time,but after a while it's not enough specially if you really need SUV,the G55 is just totally out designed and out performed by its contemporaries

Old 11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
^ Hugo, I think in order to help Mike make his decision you should post more pics of your CTR I know it has no relevance but god I love that car.

Found this review for you Mike, pretty much reiterates what the guys have been saying here.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its very durable mike but its a rough ride, much stiffer than the SLK55 i've got honestly. Just test drive one for a couple of days, drive it like you stole it and then order if you couldnt tolerate its ride stiffness then a change of plans.
Hi Mo, that is the unfortunate part. There are none available for test drives. There are only a handful in the country as it is.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hugo
It's an Austrian Puch really...
I liked a lot the looks and mainly the sound and the relative rarity at the time,but after a while it's not enough specially if you really need SUV,the G55 is just totally out designed and out performed by its contemporaries
Thanks hugo, I'll how flexible the options are. I am still pretty interested in getting one, even if it's to collect. I just love the looks

Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Woho! A G55!? Nice Mike! I guess at this point, I don't I need to stress the optionslist and the deliverypics?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to all
Not the newest report but still very good.

YouTube - Mercedes Benz G55 AMG Top Gear HD

Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to allTuscan is a name known to all
and one more in German with a good sound check.

YouTube - Mercedes G55 AMG (Motorvision - Folge 139)

Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris888
^ Hugo, I think in order to help Mike make his decision you should post more pics of your CTR I know it has no relevance but god I love that car.

Found this review for you Mike, pretty much reiterates what the guys have been saying here.
which one ?

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
off for a Testosterone injection

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I have sold three G55's in the last few years. All were traded shortly after delivery due to the terrible stiff ride. You will need to change out the shocks/springs. Personally I never understood the desire to own a powerful engine in a vehicle that really does not handle or brake better then an ice cream truck... Admittedly it is a bad ass looking truck.

Quick Reply: Speccing my G55 next week, any out of the ordinary options I should know about?