Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   AMG (https://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/)
-   -   Speccing my G55 next week, any out of the ordinary options I should know about? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/31403-speccing-my-g55-next-week-any-out-ordinary-options-i-should-know-about.html)

Mike S 11-01-2009 04:42 AM

Speccing my G55 next week, any out of the ordinary options I should know about?

Hi guys, decided to add a G55 AMG to the stable, going in to spec it at some stage next week. Just curious if there are any options I should know about?

Out of curiosity what does a new G55 go for in Germany? If the difference is not too much, I'm considering the Brabus TT V12 G-wagen.

AudiRS 11-01-2009 04:44 AM

check mobile.de for 2010 G55s for sale in Germany.

MeanMachine 11-01-2009 04:47 AM

Chrome interior package must have

Glass sunroof , the reg one is metal.

It comes fully loaded already,

There is a new colour called Designo magno basically a matte gray, the best interior colour is either designo sand, designo classic red or designo light brown.

New for 2010, like a coral blue stone called labrador blue.

Options,

Perf studio AMG de limit 230kmh max not too many options

and

3rd seat bench.

Other options are leather covered items, for 2010 the standard comes with leather dash, alacantra roof etc.

Go for the glass sunroof, its very rare.

My fav exterior colours:

Designo Mystic Blue, Designo mystic white 2, Designo mocha black "colour of my slk55" and Designo Magno platin "matte gray".

CONGRATULATIONS, someday I will have the same excitement you have right now ordering it........I love this car.

MeanMachine 11-01-2009 04:52 AM

The brabus tt is completely irrational, its 0-100 in 4.3 seconds and costs 500 usd over here, completley bespoke but the same thing you could do to a G55 however it will be 620hp max modified via Kleemann K4 which consists of cams, headers, ecu via pulley, airfilters and a throttle body. 0-100kmh in 4.4, the stock g55 is underrated its quicker than 5.5 around 5.1-.2 to 100kmh.

You could transform it to basically Gv12tt look, the LED Eye lids cost 2,000 dollars and the rims are around 10,000 usd with tyres in 22"......you do the math.

Make sure you look at the Performance studio brochure via AMG, you can get carbon fiber interior per order.

If you want it to be out of the ordinary get in Grigio telesto "LP640" colour with red interior, will look superb!!!!!!!

Chris888 11-01-2009 05:27 AM

Hey Mike,

I have never seen one of those in the country and I cant find them on the SA Mercedes site. You importing it specially? It really is an awesome vehicle. Dont know much about them when it comes to options, but I would have to say that out of all the pics I have seen, they definitely look best in a silver or grey.

Mike S 11-01-2009 05:47 AM

Hi Mo thanks for all the detail. You really seem to know the G-class well! I will definitely keep a look out for the glass sunroof.

I think I will then give the Brabus a skip.

Originally Posted by Chris888 (Post 436119)
Hey Mike,

I have never seen one of those in the country and I cant find them on the SA Mercedes site. You importing it specially? It really is an awesome vehicle. Dont know much about them when it comes to options, but I would have to say that out of all the pics I have seen, they definitely look best in a silver or grey.

Hi Chris, you have to order them straight from MB SA as a special order. Asking price is R2.6 bar (350k USD) without options. So you don't see them often. There are 5 in JHB thus far.

Chris888 11-01-2009 05:58 AM

That makes sense. Lol everything is in JHB, glad im going there next year. Man I hate our taxes and import duties, just checked the USA site and the msrp is 120k USD, we get so ripped off :-(

Whats the production/delivery time on one of these?

Grigio telesto "LP640" colour with red interior
That would be absolutely amazing. Car has to be in a dark colour, saw a picture of one in white and it just didnt look right.

MeanMachine 11-01-2009 06:03 AM

Costs 150k here, 120 usd for the U.S because it has fewer options and customization. Mike just remembered this, the stock interior comes with designo leather so whatever you choose it comes with a black dashboard, to get it in all red for example will cost you a lot.

What you could do is get the stitching on the seats to contrast, say you were getting a red interior the stitching is red, through performance studio you can get it in black stitching or if you want a classic pipping it can be done.

MeanMachine 11-01-2009 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mike S (Post 436122)
Hi Mo thanks for all the detail. You really seem to know the G-class well! I will definitely keep a look out for the glass sunroof.

I think I will then give the Brabus a skip.

Hi Chris, you have to order them straight from MB SA as a special order. Asking price is R2.6 bar (350k USD) without options. So you don't see them often. There are 5 in JHB thus far.

No its not a problem at all, I am here to help........yeah the G-class I've been wanting one for a long time now maybe in a couple of years. :smilie:

Chris in real life, the white looks outstanding on a G55...I've seen a few and its a stunner!

4Wheels 11-01-2009 07:45 AM

Mo what's the top speed without the limiter?