Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Why is the G55 AMG my favourite S.U.V ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Striker
Thanx for the update!! aaaah, I can't wait to see this engine on the loose and what the tuners will do to it!

How much will it give out at 2.0/2.2 bar?!!! I'm getting chills!
Over 600hp!!!

Crazy Amount of power

Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Just as a note, you can't just crank up the boost pressure and expect more power. If the turbos start operating outside of their efficiency range, the charged air will become extremely hot which is detrimental to performance. On top of that, they will not last.

I think an ECU tune (abt 1.4-1.5bar max. boost pressure) with a free flowing exhaust will easily put this motor over 600hp. Cant wait!
There might be some limitations to increases in torque because of the MCT transmission but maybe they have beefed it up to be as strong as the 5spd transmission currently in the G55.

Lets hope it sounds half as good as the 55k motor though.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MichaelM
Quick iPhone pic from the other day. Still waiting for the winter to end so I can take some real pics.
Wow Michael! Looks superb in black with tinted windows. We demand more pics !

Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Just as a note, you can't just crank up the boost pressure and expect more power. If the turbos start operating outside of their efficiency range, the charged air will become extremely hot which is detrimental to performance. On top of that, they will not last.

I think an ECU tune (abt 1.4-1.5bar max. boost pressure) with a free flowing exhaust will easily put this motor over 600hp. Cant wait!
There might be some limitations to increases in torque because of the MCT transmission but maybe they have beefed it up to be as strong as the 5spd transmission currently in the G55.

Lets hope it sounds half as good as the 55k motor though.
I want it to sound louder than the 55K, best part of this car is the exhausts on the side you hear it more in the G as a comparison to an ML63.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
G V12 S from the Geneva Auto show.

Attached Images    
Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
AMGFanatic
Thanks for sharing just saw it on Autogespot

I like the front end of the Brabus.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ Moe, you have no idea what you did to me. Ever since I saw this thread, i've been wanting one so bad!

Black/Black with tint just like michael's G.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
AMGFanatic
I want a Pearl white with black dashboard and red inteiror, got bored of black cars hard to maintain in our dusty weather.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Its scary wouldnt do that, however I've made it slide during a u-turn in a test drive 3 years ago.

Quick Reply: Why is the G55 AMG my favourite S.U.V ?