Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Why is the G55 AMG my favourite S.U.V ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
There will also be a 500 engine with 4.6 L twin turbo producing 400ish, I heard it was 460hp

Old 03-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so glad I decided to postpone and wait to see if the TT comes to fruition for the G-55! Thanks Mo

Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
I'm so glad I decided to postpone and wait to see if the TT comes to fruition for the G-55! Thanks Mo
Didn't I mention it a long long time ago, as soon as the G55 Twin Turbo AMG announces I'll hopefully spec mine.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, the engine is already out and it's planted in an S63.. Should be at the Geneva showcase paying tribute with special colors to the SEL '71 Spa-Francorchamps champion.

That engine will make it all the way to the G55. Can't imagine that growling with those turbos spooling!!

The 5.5L will also have an AMG perfomance package pushing it upto 570HP!!

Just a few teasers of the S63 with the new engine. I just want that interior!

Attached Images    

Last edited by Striker; 03-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
AMGFanatic
Wow such an amazing colour, interior is a bit too extreme........G55 Twin Turbo lets hope it comes out.

I highly doubt a performance package on the G55, I love that colour.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 03-02-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
It's a question of when?

The W460 lived for 11 years till it got replaced with the W463. But the W463 has been living for 19 years now, the only change happened to it was a facelift after 16 years haha!

I'd guess we would get a surprise from Mercedes by enhancing the chassis and supplying it with a whole new line of engines. If not then we will have to wait another 5 years till the contract with Steyr-Daimler is over for a new chassis!!

We'd have a look at the engine either in Sep/Oct. 2010 or 2011 because the G55 472HP engine lived for 5 years and the new one should live another 5 years till the contract is done.

It's either this or that..

my 2 cents...can't wait to get my hands on one!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 AM
AMGFanatic
I like the current G55 2010, just give me that with the new engine,chrome bull bar and lower chrome strip for the front bumper and I am satisfied.

I like the car because it looks time less, very sporty and unique. I dont want it to look less 4x4 such as the new SUVs such as the rounded 2011 Cayenne, small looking x5 etc. This chassis plus new engine and the improved 2010 interior is a win win in my book.

I want it as a fun DD and a future collectors piece as I am a big AMG fanatic.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 03-02-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Exactly, it's timeless because it has been alive for 31 years without any major modifications to the whole look and I hardly doubt that they will change the look because that look has been around since the World War, any changes will be a total dumb move by Mercedes.

I just want to see a new improved chassis, that's it. Either way it's a G.

future collectors piece? well, there you go buddy...this is for you! eat your heart out because that's what I did when I saw this picture.

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 AM
AMGFanatic
I've seen that model, I dont like the colour combination its a bit too dull not a fan of two tone interiors on the G-class.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
It's one hell of a car though. Some crazy interior work can be done to this car.

But, if you can actually get your hands on this one you would be one of the luckiest men ever alive. Around 10-15 were built if not less.

Quick Reply: Why is the G55 AMG my favourite S.U.V ?