Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

So, Apple sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Sutler, that sucks, but you learned a valuable life lesson today. Devices fail. Software corrupts. Users make mistakes. Yes, even "perfect" Apple has problems too. NEVER rely on anyone or anything to safeguard your important data. If it is important enough for you to care about losing it, it is important enough for you to make sure it is backed up at all times. To not have a backup since the day you bought it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't even really like Obama.
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
Sutler, that sucks, but you learned a valuable life lesson today. Devices fail. Software corrupts. Users make mistakes. Yes, even "perfect" Apple has problems too. NEVER rely on anyone or anything to safeguard your important data. If it is important enough for you to care about losing it, it is important enough for you to make sure it is backed up at all times. To not have a backup since the day you bought it was a disaster waiting to happen.
This. Except I did a backup three weeks ago and it's not listed either. The guy at Best Buy said that the upgrade was erasing peoples' backups on iTunes as well (don't know how accurate that is). Anyways, I know I shouldn't have trusted it, but 'generally' if a company has even the slightest idea that a software change could delete everything, they would post a warning of some sort.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
In other news, knives suck when you stab yourself in the leg with them.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
In other news, knives suck when you stab yourself in the leg with them.
Any ideas? If I can't figure anything out I'll take a trip to the nearest Apple store, but I don't want to if it's not a last resort.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sutler
Any ideas? If I can't figure anything out I'll take a trip to the nearest Apple store, but I don't want to if it's not a last resort.
I have an idea. An Apple store can't do anything for you, it's not like they keep copies of all of your data on their servers... If it's not on your PC, you're outta luck. Consider it a lesson.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
I have an idea. An Apple store can't do anything for you, it's not like they keep copies of all of your data on their servers... If it's not on your PC, you're outta luck. Consider it a lesson.
The Best Buy guy said he took his iPhone in there once and they directed him to a 'secret folder' where the data was.

Anyways, half of this post was about Apple's crappy customer service. Did I just have bad luck? Or is it always this bad.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
If you have regularly synced your iPad, you should have all the backups in the world of its contents. If you have not, and applied the iOS 5 update which specifically warns you to sync it and create a backup before updating, you're SOL.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sutler
The Best Buy guy said he took his iPhone in there once and they directed him to a 'secret folder' where the data was.
Protip: Best Buy employees strugle with the complexity of lighting a joint. Do not expect them to know, understand or comprehend anything above "introduce flame to marijuana".

Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
If you have regularly synced your iPad, you should have all the backups in the world of its contents. If you have not, and applied the iOS 5 update which specifically warns you to sync it and create a backup before updating, you're SOL.
For me it said that, then it said 'click here to sync/backup/whatever', which I clicked. The bar said backing up iPad, and it went all the way to the end without error, so I assumed that it had worked, and it automatically continued from that point.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Protip: Best Buy employees strugle with the complexity of lighting a joint. Do not expect them to know, understand or comprehend anything above "introduce flame to marijuana".
You said it Simba, 100% correct

Quick Reply: So, Apple sucks.