Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Verizon Event Set for Tuesday – iPhone Time Let's Hope!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Go QCOM!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:53 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Wait, you people actually think you're getting a Verizon iPhone? This is just a pre-announcement announcing that it's not being announced. Gosh.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!FASTLANE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I hope it's the iphone, I will drop at&t in a minute and jump to Verizon for that. I get no service at my house with my Iphone.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Huh?

VZ is stock symbol for Verizon Communications.
Right. But Verizon WIRELESS is VZW; use teh google my friend.

you own stock of the LAND LINE company. It's a subsiderary but not traded on it's own.

Verizon Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6182707AAi0OPn

I guess where I'm fuzzy is; if I own or buy stock, will I reap the rewards when VZW releases the iPhone 4? Thats what you want to know to Yon.

Anyone?

Last edited by STOPPIE; 01-08-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
The mothership always reaps the spoils of its soldiers so I cannot see how VZ wont see change.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Thats it; I'm shorting T and buying VZ.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in agreement

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I guess where I'm fuzzy is; if I own or buy stock, will I reap the rewards when VZW releases the iPhone 4?
Almost certainly, they stand to eat a lot of AT&T's business, as well as sprint by proxy.

As well as the obvious AAPL goodness. Verizon opens a large market to them.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Right. But Verizon WIRELESS is VZW; use teh google my friend.

you own stock of the LAND LINE company. It's a subsiderary but not traded on it's own.

Verizon Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does Verizon own verizon wireless? - Yahoo! Answers

I guess where I'm fuzzy is; if I own or buy stock, will I reap the rewards when VZW releases the iPhone 4? Thats what you want to know to Yon.

Anyone?
Verizon Communications owns Wireless. Yes, it's a subsidiary, but it will definitely reap the rewards. VZ has been trading very bullish, at more than 2X it's normal volume for the past month + based on the iPhone rumors alone.

By no means is it going to double when the iPhone is announced, but I certainly see it going up a few bucks. The point to buy VZ as a stock isn't for aggressive growth anyways... it pays 5% dividends, that's why you go into it. Long term, but it's just a plus to see that the stock has been running based off the rumors of this one phone.