Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

iPhone 4 announced

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
I'm a pc user at heart but the Iphone really opened my eyes to Apple and it's products.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond reputedphouse has a reputation beyond repute
i'll be pre-ordering on the 15th. switching from tmobile to att.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bluestrike2
You rang?

They've already changed the world; Apple was the first company to ever take touch interfaces beyond the realm of playtoy and apply the idea in a manner that allows for direct interaction with content.

When it comes to UI design, the truly remarkable interfaces underwhelm from the moment you first start to interact. They work at the subconscious level, requiring neither thought nor planning.

As it stands, Apple is the only company to manage to deliver *anything* that approaches such a degree of unity.

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Apple really opened the door with the iPhone and subsequent work with multitouch. So much so, that there's a clear and discernable change in direction with mobile device development post-iPhone.

You don't have to cure cancer to change the world. And, whether you choose to recognize it or not, Apple most certainly has heralded in a new era of interaction with our data, integrating it into the heart of our everday lives in a manner never before seen.

And that, my friend, more than warrants getting excited about the product you developed as, I hate to break it to you, few people have influenced modern electronics in the same way as Jobs and Ives, together with their band of merry wankers at Apple.
Thank you for the cheerful editorial on the innovativeness of Apple, but seing as this is 2010, care to talk about the iPhone 4?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Many people seem baffled by the ATT bashing, they must be lucky and have good coverage in their area. I will start by saying I am a huge Apple fanboy if you will. I have had their powerbooks, pros, cinema display and every matching accessory device. The reason why I like the iPhone (got the 3G when it came out) is because it is the EASIEST to sync with my Mac. I had treos before that. Getting my calendar and contacts to sync properly was a PITA.

That being said, ATT is horrible. I was with vzw and had no trouble, EVER. Now with ATT, at my house, every phone call I make is a dropped call. For me it is mostly an inconvenience as I make most of my plans with my friend by text anyways. I went to the Apple store and they were able to scan the phone and saw all the dropped calls, but they were not due to the phone's modem, but poor signal; nothing they could do. I live in a suburb that is shown to have signal, but it clearly doesn't Everyday I wake up and want to get the new vzv driod phone, but for ease of sync capability, I just stick with the iPhone. I can use pretty much any phone and just need some medical apps (universal by now), I guess I am jsut pissed because these are 2 year contract phones, and my vzw were 1 yr and I could get a new phone every year.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dynamic
So because 58% of mobile web browsing is done on iPhones, the iPhone is in a league of its own? Gtfo. And wtf are you talking about with 'largest support'?

The EVO has a better camera, better video recording, far superior video conferencing; the N1 has an all-aluminum body and glass-shielded OLED...

You are making it painfully obvious that you have no idea wtf you're talking about. I love Apple, I'm even typing this on (what some would consider an absurdly overpriced) MBP, and it's my love of Apple that's making me so disappointed with the iPhone 4 and iPad. I expected more. The iPhone and Macs have the advantage in OS usability and stability, which is awesome for the hardcore and novice (like yourself) user alike. Though a minority, some people (and in the case of phones...myself) prefer tech and a superior network to user-friendliness and pro marketing.

The iPhone is a phenomenal gadget, just stop claiming it's the biproduct of endless celestial sex unless you can actually justify it.
Are you seriously getting mad? haha Dude chill out.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
So because 58% of mobile web browsing is done on iPhones, the iPhone is in a league of its own? Gtfo. And wtf are you talking about with 'largest support'?

The EVO has a better camera, better video recording, far superior video conferencing; the N1 has an all-aluminum body and glass-shielded OLED...

You are making it painfully obvious that you have no idea wtf you're talking about. I love Apple, I'm even typing this on (what some would consider an absurdly overpriced) MBP, and it's my love of Apple that's making me so disappointed with the iPhone 4 and iPad. I expected more. The iPhone and Macs have the advantage in OS usability and stability, which is awesome for the hardcore and novice (like yourself) user alike. Though a minority, some people (and in the case of phones...myself) prefer tech and a superior network to user-friendliness and pro marketing.

The iPhone is a phenomenal gadget, just stop claiming it's the biproduct of endless celestial sex unless you can actually justify it.
Wow I may actually start rooting for the Celtics, because if you can get this upset over someone's opinion regarding and Iphone, I'm not sure what you would do if the Lakers beat the Celts for the Championship!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond reputeajindfw has a reputation beyond repute
Safari 5 experience?

Before I DL and update from Safari 4 to Safari 5, I just wanted to check if anyone here's already done it. Any rejoicing or regrets?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
Are you seriously getting mad? haha Dude chill out.
Not mad, just presenting the other side of the story.

Originally Posted by C Money
Wow I may actually start rooting for the Celtics, because if you can get this upset over someone's opinion regarding and Iphone, I'm not sure what you would do if the Lakers beat the Celts for the Championship!
What's that saying about a pot and a kettle?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Not mad, just presenting the other side of the story.

What's that saying about a pot and a kettle?
Never once was there a tone of anger my friend, quiet the opposite, I am the one who reestablished that all the "trash talk" was in good fun and no one should take it personally...

Wooo Saw my friend

Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
never had an issue w/ ATT, iphone is the *only* apple product i love, & the updates are great

- chuck

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 announced