Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

iPhone 4 announced

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I can attest that AT&T in NYC blows. The service is laughable and for some reason even worse with the iPhone. But it's great in LA.

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
I go to school in a small town in Mississippi. I have a Blackberry 9700 and even get 3G here. My town maybe has 10,000 and the closest "city" is Memphis about 100 miles away.

I have never had an issue with ATT's service and I have been a customer for about 10 years now, going back to the cingular days.

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:12 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crazy1323
I go to school in a small town in Mississippi. I have a Blackberry 9700 and even get 3G here. My town maybe has 10,000 and the closest "city" is Memphis about 100 miles away.

I have never had an issue with ATT's service and I have been a customer for about 10 years now, going back to the cingular days.
That's why you have it so good....no network congestion.

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
ATT blows in certain locations I'm guessing. Almost seems like an easy fix, but not sure why they aren't doing it. I can say I noticed that the 1st gen iPhone did have the best reception and when the 3Gs came out the reception wasn't nearly as good. Hopefully with that new high tech external stainless steel antenna that will help you guys out.

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
with upgrade its 199 and can be ordered on apple.com on June 15th. im all in.

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
I'm seriously debating going back to VZW for the Droid. ATT service is terrible in the Austin area with dropped calls and poor reception.

Old 06-08-2010 | 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
^^That's what I did. Love the droid thus far.

Old 06-09-2010 | 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Will be getting one in place of my current 3Gs, I live in NJ and so far service etc. has been just fine with ATT.

The new droid phones are very cool but I cannot be without my Ipod. Plus, and not that this counts for much, dont you feel the Iphone is just a classy looking device? Especially the new design.

Im not a guy who puts down other products because I own a certain one but to be honest I have had my 3Gs for over 1 year and have zero desire to try a droid on VZW, I am really happy with it. I do not need the new Iphone 4 by any means but if I can upgrade for not too much $ I think I will.

BTW Apple marketing is genius and Jobs is great at what he does, always has the audience eating of of his palm!

Old 06-09-2010 | 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
I can attest that AT&T in NYC blows. The service is laughable and for some reason even worse with the iPhone. But it's great in LA.
Yeah ATT in NYC isn't great, but I'd rather have an iPhone than not. Sometimes it's good if you can't be reached. Makes you more valuable lol.

Old 06-10-2010 | 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
I'm seriously debating going back to VZW for the Droid. ATT service is terrible in the Austin area with dropped calls and poor reception.
Where in Austin do you live because I live here and I never get dropped calls, and I have a 3GS? The only time I've experienced horrible ATT service is during ACL and that's only one weekend out of the whole year.

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 announced